Can I get a date?

Options
2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm married and creepy. So I'm going to go with. no. Sorry.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate.
    <<--- Single in New England. Accepting applications for nice guys to date. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Hmm... what's that cheesy line? Uh... you've gotta dig through a lot of shiz to find a diamond? Anyways, you get what I'm trying to say.

I did a lot of online dating, because 1) I work really long hours, so I don't go out very much if ever, and 2) When I did manage to go out in public, the only guys that hit on me were really weird, homeless, and/or *kitten*... so..... yeah. Online worked best for me. I also made a lot of friends that way too. So, if you're feeling up to it, you should try it --> okcupid.com has always been my favorite site, because they have fun quizzes, the guys who created the site are incredibly smart, the people there are pretty decent, and best of all, it's free!

Keep in mind, just like regular dating, you'll need a lot of patience... but at least you can be patient at home and do the monotonous "meet and greet - interview questions" in the comfort of your pajamas. Plus it takes the pressure off a bit, because by the time you actually meet the guy, you kind of already know him. :) Just a suggestion. Good luck!

I agree with this, and also liked okcupid.com the best. Thanks to that site I am not single!
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hmm... what's that cheesy line? Uh... you've gotta dig through a lot of shiz to find a diamond? Anyways, you get what I'm trying to say.

I did a lot of online dating, because 1) I work really long hours, so I don't go out very much if ever, and 2) When I did manage to go out in public, the only guys that hit on me were really weird, homeless, and/or *kitten*... so..... yeah. Online worked best for me. I also made a lot of friends that way too. So, if you're feeling up to it, you should try it --> okcupid.com has always been my favorite site, because they have fun quizzes, the guys who created the site are incredibly smart, the people there are pretty decent, and best of all, it's free!

Keep in mind, just like regular dating, you'll need a lot of patience... but at least you can be patient at home and do the monotonous "meet and greet - interview questions" in the comfort of your pajamas. Plus it takes the pressure off a bit, because by the time you actually meet the guy, you kind of already know him. :) Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Thanks ! I will take a look : )
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    Go out looking like you do in your picture and you'll have them lining up :)

Keep all your options open, you can meet new people everywhere :D

Awww thanks : )
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    finding a guy isn't hard--- finding one worth keeping is. Ask out guys you find interesting.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I KNOW there are a lot of sweet, sensitive, intelligent men "out there," but I am not physically attracted to them. I have many many friends - I am sooooo blessed that way! But this yearning isn't about spending time with another Friend, it's about passion. I guess I "expect" people to be attracted to ME, so it isn't about fulfilling something in my ego. And - It really really isn't anything shadowy or deficient in my character that blinds me to the charms of "nice" men - REALLY! I have done all The Difficult Inner Work and I absolve mySelf from self-defeating sub-consious attitudes. I am getting used to the idea that I am going to be un-partnered & it is getting easier to accept with every passing day, which doesn't mean it will EVER be "easy," just easy-ER. Best of luck & love to you, OP! :flowerforyou:
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    Thanks Jeneba. I applaud your self confidence and strength : )
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Sure wish it wasn't so badly needed, though, Hun! It kinda hurts to realize after all this time that my most important Relationships are with (1) me and (2) with G!d..... Oh well. Could have been a LOT worse! You look BEAUTIFUL in your photo! Hold out for the love, respect, passion & romance!!!! In the meantime, here are some more flowers for you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Uh huh... Come on over to the darkside if you are open minded enough ;)
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    I like to think of myself as relatively sweet, sensitive, passionate, and pseudo-intelligent... I've also had plenty of folks tell me I'm weird, have the periodic odd fascination, and will, at times, look at the world through a 14 year old's eyes, humor, and excitement. So my only recommendation is... don't give up on us weirdos... creepy? A totally different thing... :wink:

And yeah Jeneba... some of us nice guys can be passionate beyond your wildest imagination... even in Brooklyn! :tongue:
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    Uh huh... Come on over to the darkside if you are open minded enough ;)

Haha I am no stranger to the dark side !
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    As we get older, we have a tendency to see the flaws in someone quicker and dismiss them from contention. You know, we probably don't see them, rather look for them. For an individual who is independent, a little thing can throw us off and make us see things that aren't really there. Thus, the desire to keep hoping for another to come along.

You're a beautiful woman, I'm sure there are plenty that would love to take you out. Just be patient and it'll happen before you know it. Good Luck!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have done online dating that was how I got tangled up with my ex husband who was very abusive. Me personally I don't think I would go that way again. as a friend told me the guy is to seek out the woman he likes not the woman seeking the man. so me I am just going to wait for the right one he will arive when it is time for him too
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I KNOW there are a lot of sweet, sensitive, intelligent men "out there," but I am not physically attracted to them. I have many many friends - I am sooooo blessed that way! But this yearning isn't about spending time with another Friend, it's about passion. I guess I "expect" people to be attracted to ME, so it isn't about fulfilling something in my ego. And - It really really isn't anything shadowy or deficient in my character that blinds me to the charms of "nice" men - REALLY! I have done all The Difficult Inner Work and I absolve mySelf from self-defeating sub-consious attitudes. I am getting used to the idea that I am going to be un-partnered & it is getting easier to accept with every passing day, which doesn't mean it will EVER be "easy," just easy-ER. Best of luck & love to you, OP! :flowerforyou:

I have this same problem..So sad..lol. I met a lot of guys in college who were interested. They were single, no kids, multiple degrees, but I was not attracted to them. The ones I am attracted to are women magnets, and since I didn't jump on opportunities to be with them, they have moved on to other people.I have done online dating, but the men who message me doesn't spark my interest. I don't know what to do anymore. Now I am starting to have regret about someone I liked who I actually turned down. lol. He's in a long term relationship now, so I feel like I blew that opportunity. IDK....
  • Mattgd24
    Mattgd24 Posts: 31
    Options
    based on your profile pic, I'm free tonight, if youre down? haha
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Dates on a plate for you:flowerforyou:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8HRFmfcWhSjlVYdWlN8OncQEWC6JfNW_oSBzN5bD1w3n11IPbpA

Mmm..... Bad dates.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I can tell you that online, you can certainly, possibly find someone very much like JUST what you are looking for. Just never forget that you really ALSO have to find it all out In person... people online can still try to present their BEST selves, just as they do when in person. You still need to be careful because it is still very easy to hide a lot of baggage or "other life", while in the online "meeting process". YOu also have to realize you may find your match across the country... would either of you be Happy to move?

I know, because I dated a lot online and met my husband on there :) We're having a really hard time right now, and may or may not make it. We should have taken more time in the dating process to verify that we were going to make good on all our beautiful promises to each other. Now that I'm 25, I can already see how a lot of the men (and women) are/or are getting married off so I see what you mean because there really is less "selection". lol :) Good luck.

I found a lot of really nice quality seeming guys on christiandatingforfree - it was a religious based dating site. OKCUPID was also a good one as well, but didn't find as many "true" matches as just guys who thought I was hot (like on hotornot). lol.
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    based on your profile pic, I'm free tonight, if youre down? haha

I might get arrested : )
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    I can tell you that online, you can certainly, possibly find someone very much like JUST what you are looking for. Just never forget that you really ALSO have to find it all out In person... people online can still try to present their BEST selves, just as they do when in person. You still need to be careful because it is still very easy to hide a lot of baggage or "other life", while in the online "meeting process". YOu also have to realize you may find your match across the country... would either of you be Happy to move?

I know, because I dated a lot online and met my husband on there :) We're having a really hard time right now, and may or may not make it. We should have taken more time in the dating process to verify that we were going to make good on all our beautiful promises to each other. Now that I'm 25, I can already see how a lot of the men (and women) are/or are getting married off so I see what you mean because there really is less "selection". lol :) Good luck.

I found a lot of really nice quality seeming guys on christiandatingforfree - it was a religious based dating site. OKCUPID was also a good one as well, but didn't find as many "true" matches as just guys who thought I was hot (like on hotornot). lol.

IDK about the whole on line thing ... Its hard enough to know someone that you already , know ........ ya know? I guess I just need to be less busy and be out more ...