Beer Snob Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a total beer snob. I just work out more and drink less beers. :) Really, it's not worth it to drink bad beer.

I love Dogfish Head and Deviant Dales right now. LOVE Lagunitas Imperial Red if you can still find some.
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    I love white water IPA I don't care about the calories
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    don't cut calories on beer if you love beer you have no alternative
  • JessFitz101
    Options
    this is my quote of the month. Agreed!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am also a beer snob. I rarely drink anything made in the US unless it's from a microbrew. I cannot stand Bud, Coors, etc.. yuck.

Ditto. I enjoy my beer and just don't drink the whole case unless it fits into my caloric allowance for the day.
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Summer Shandy is my summer choice! Otherwise..Hacker Pschorr, King Ludwig, Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier, or a Black n Blue (Guinness / Blue Moon)
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I WILL NOT sacrifice on my beer...ever! I will have a couple of really good beers and enjoy them. My current faves are the Innis & Gunn Irish whiskey cask or rum cask aged Scottish ales...so delish, I also like a good IPA...but as someone said a session ale is a good choice, lower in calories. Yuengling lager is 129 calories, I have never had the Yuengling light so I don't know how that is...if you're not going over your calories have what you like...don't settle
  • bmusic86
    bmusic86 Posts: 11
    Options
    brooklyn pilsner, flying dog hefe, stella, belles lager, sierra summerfest, theese are my go to low(er) calorie beers but sometimes i run three miles and reward myself with an imperial IPA and its worth it
  • JaneFinnigan
    JaneFinnigan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the same beers as before (IPAs, Belgian tripels, etc.) but just in smaller quantities. I've taken to splitting a beer with my partner during dinner - that way I get the flavor I love without overdoing it. Or I work out a lot and treat myself to a whole one! :)
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    We are very very lucky to have a local brewery that makes some really good beer...... It's part of the reason I gained 15 pounds over the winter and now have a Keg fridge in my basement! :love:

Just because you like a good beer that's not watered down and flavorless.... doesn't make you a snob. :wink:
    It's not worth the calories to drink crappy beer!! IT is worth the longer workout to be able to enjoy 1 or 2 GOOD beers. JMHO
    :drinker:
  • phillycheesteak
    phillycheesteak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make room for beer around a meal by removing other carbs. Why would you have a dinner consisting of salad, wheat roll, chicken, and 1 beer, when you can have salad, chicken, and 2 beers? You can exercise beforehand to make room for it, but you're never going to get 2-3 craft brews deep and decide to go for a long walk....unless you walk to the bar, have one drink there, walk to another, have a drink, etc. I have a fitbit so I can track this passive exercise.

Know what you like, too. If you're craving a pilsener and there's none in the house or at the bar, don't substitute with an ale. Send your self a text message, or email, or write it down somewhere "I want a pilsener" and make it happen some other time.

Does anyone have a good beer list in their MFP diary? I think it's better to admit to yourself that broke your calorie goals on tasty beer than pretend it didn't happen by recording only a salad.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fellow beer snob here. I especially like big, dark, malty beers, which are caloric killers. I find that if I get a 22 of my favorite beer, it feels like more beer than 2 12 oz bottles, even though it isn't (it's also cheaper, usually). But there's really no way around the calories. If you want to drink good beer, just know the calorie count in your favorite, and make sure to leave room in your calorie allotment for 1 or 2.
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You all rock, love that you guys <3 beer! I think we need to start a beer group to discuss which ones we love :) I think you're all right, don't worry about the calories if you prepared for them. I see people drinking Coors and Bud and it just makes me cringe. There are soooo many good tasting choices out there. Summer is a killer because all I want to do on the weekends is be outside drinking. Actually going to a bbq now and heading to the distributor to buy some stuff. I will check out some of your suggestions.

“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.”
  • smallfurrythings
    smallfurrythings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, not sure where you are but if you are able to get your hands on Brewdog beer then I recommend that. It tends to be under 150 cals for a bottle, and it super tasty!