I LOVE LIFTING!! Major inches lost.

Options
samntha14
samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
Took my measurements for the first time since starting NROL4W 5.5 months ago. I was astounded by the progress!
To date I have lost 15 pounds, nothing to sneeze at (but only 5 since starting to lift heavy), but I lost over 15 collective inches including 6 INCHES OFF THE REAR!!!! That's an inch a month. No wonder my clothes are falling off of me LOL. FYI: I eat over 2,000 calories a day at 5'6''. I have no idea how to post pics (well I do, but frankly it's too complicated. They need to get the engineers working this site to make it easier like FB), so no pics on this thread sorry.

Replies

• mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You totally rock! Gotta ask you-do you follow the cals in the book? Do you eat back your cardio cals? I'm the same height as you and feel like I'm not eating enough on their plan (I eat back my cardio cals too). They have me at 1961 on my lifting days and 1716 on non lifting days.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    You totally rock! Gotta ask you-do you follow the cals in the book? Do you eat back your cardio cals? I'm the same height as you and feel like I'm not eating enough on their plan (I eat back my cardio cals too). They have me at 1961 on my lifting days and 1716 on non lifting days.
    Interested in hearing this too - i'm losing weight but gaining body fat. Frustrating. But so many people like the OP are doing amazingly!!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    way to go! since I started lifting heavy I've GAINED 3 pounds, but I've lost a collective 17.5 inches! I only use the scale once a month now :)
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Yeah, I've put on about 7 lbs. (which I know may be some water and a little bulk I hope) but my BF went down .7%. I'm fine with a little gain, but that's almost a pound a week since starting which seems off.
  • samntha14
    Options
    In the beginning I was set to lose .5lb a week which was a 240 deficit. I think that's where I lost most of the 5 lbs, but I was SO hungry. After going over that set amount everyday for a week, I upped to maintenance as per MFP. I do eat back most if not ALL of my exercise calories. I don't follow the diet plan in the book because I'm not much of a meat eater. However, I have days that I am over and days I'm am below the 240 deficit. I just listen to my body and eat when I am hungry.

I think the reason I have had so much success is because I went from 0-60 in nothing flat. I was sedentary to the extreme before January, but I wasn't all that big yet. Also my diet, though far from perfect, wasn't horrible to start with, but I had 100% lack of exercise. I also think that by correcting for my hypoglycemia, which was the main reason I was eating badly and too often before, Helped fix my metabolism and correcting my eating habits also helped correct that condition.

PS: I average 2200 calories a day and I don't really eat all that clean. I LOVE chocolate! feel free to check out my diary. Though this week was a little low because I was conserving to enjoy a wedding last night. Boy did I!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Yeah, I've put on about 7 lbs. (which I know may be some water and a little bulk I hope) but my BF went down .7%. I'm fine with a little gain, but that's almost a pound a week since starting which seems off.
    Tawnya, I would not sweat any kind of weight gain you may have at all. You look absolutely amazing!!. I was just looking at your pics. At a guess I would say beautiful muscles. What was your body fat to start? Couldn't have been that high ;) I started at 31% body fat and I have zero idea what it is now.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Just used this body fat calculator http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ and it says 26.9 down from 31. I figure it's more in the high 27% because of the measurement it asked for, most of my body fat is in my lower body, but I DO know it went down YAY!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    Hopefully by posting this you've encouraged more ladies to lift! Great progress and thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • gretchenwb
    gretchenwb Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, I have never lifted, and my weight loss has stalled, though I have lost inches jogging every day. Do you mind sharing your routine? WTG BTW!!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Thank you! I have MFP set to maintenance for me that's 1870 pre-exercise cals. I also only credit myself 300 for 1 hour of lifting, and register my cardio using my HRM trying to be as accurate as possible.
  • samntha14
    Options
    I have to ask, I have never lifted, and my weight loss has stalled, though I have lost inches jogging every day. Do you mind sharing your routine? WTG BTW!!!
    Right now I am following the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. I'm about half-way through. It's relatively easy to follow and he gives a lot of good information about how our bodies work and why this program should work. It's also a good read, he has a humorous style of writing. Warning, result may vary.
  • mstawnya
    Options
    Tawnya, I would not sweat any kind of weight gain you may have at all. You look absolutely amazing!!. I was just looking at your pics. At a guess I would say beautiful muscles. What was your body fat to start? Couldn't have been that high ;) I started at 31% body fat and I have zero idea what it is now.

Thanks, Sam. I just weigh in every couple of weeks on one of those body fat scales (I know they're not super accurate, but I figure consistency in the time, activity level, etc.. help). When I started New Rules in April, I was at 18%. I wish I knew what it was prior to that, but the person at the protein shake shop had been weighing me under the female category and I guess she was supposed to do the female athlete category. Bah! It doesn't matter. It's just hard to wrap your head around sometimes.

You look freaking amazing in your dress! Look at your arms girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!