Don't you hate it when your evening meal is rubbish!

Options
melpinky
melpinky Posts: 13 Member
Don't you hate it when you waste your calories on a evening meal that is rubbish?
I make myself eat stir fry and fish I don't enjoy it I eat it becasue its good for me!

Now I'm still hungry and have a odd taste in my mouth!!
Ugh

Anyone else do that?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something you don't like? There are other ways to prepare fish. That doesn't sound tasty to me, either! :noway:
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    yes i hate when i think oh this is going to be yummy and it is way less then that.... it is such a let down and makes me want to run to the store and get ice cream to rid me of the taste lol
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    No, I won't eat it just because that's what I should be eating....I find something healthy that I enjoy....at least I wouldn't eat it twice lol. I do know what you mean by a rubbish meal though....because I would want to try something, make it/buy it and find out that it taste like crap. I'd eat it because I paid for it, but I sure wouldn't eat it again. ;-)
  • melpinky
    melpinky Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it thinking I'm going to hate it because that would be stupid!
    I try and make different stir fries and try out different fish. I often but things thats double reduced so I'll give it a go because its healthy and cheap!

We were very close to ordering pizza but didn't!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I tend to slip into eating things like boiled fish and vegetables, or avocado and vegetables or beans and vegetables, as I am not much of a cooking type, and yes, it got tedious as I was ignoring what I really wanted to eat, which wasn't as clean, but still wasn't terribly bad. such as vegetable kievs, nut cutlets, salmon fishcakes and the like - the Marks And Spencer pre packaged ones. I now have those a few times a week or when I fancy, as better that than end up pigging out later because you didn't get to eat what you fancied.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes ): I spent a decent amount of time cooking up a rice and beans dish along with a side salad for dinner today, but I ran out of my usual dressing and all this shiz, so it just didn't taste that good. Sucks because afterwards I still went and grabbed some chocolate. Lol.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Eating clean MOSTof the time is good. Try other things you should be enjoying what you eat. Try the fish baked in the oven and the veggies prepared like you like it and maybe thrown in some baked potatoes. The best diet is one that does not feel like one, you have to sustain this lifestyle as you lose weight. What happens when i really want somethign and keep ignoring it, i end up eating twice thrice the portion i would have had i just given in at first.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    No, I won't eat it just because that's what I should be eating....I find something healthy that I enjoy....at least I wouldn't eat it twice lol. I do know what you mean by a rubbish meal though....because I would want to try something, make it/buy it and find out that it taste like crap. I'd eat it because I paid for it, but I sure wouldn't eat it again. ;-)
    ^^^^^ This!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    If you eat foods and hate them just because they are good for you you will never make a lifelong change for yourself. You need to find foods you enjoy in order to make a lifetime change.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I often try out new recipes for our evening meal and every so often one doesn't turn out as good as it looked in the picture. We all sit around the table looking disappointed but trying to eat enough to prevent snacking later :(
  • LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Options
    I made a stirfry the other day which I normally like but for some reason the vegetables and rice didn't cook as nicely as they usually do but I ate it anyway. And it pissed me off! lol
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Really, more than anything, I hate eating well all day only to come home and either not know what I want for dinner and just eating randomly to fill calories or not eating at all.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Work on finding foods that you do like. . .eating things you find nasty is punnishment and your eating habits once you reach your goal weight will most likely shatter. you need to find foods that will become a life style change.

but yes, these things do happen. lol