Stuffed Pepper "Burrito Bols"

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
zvvlfb.jpg

I was craving Chipotle, but I wanted a healthy and homemade version. So, here it is!

Ingredients:

1 medium bell pepper
2 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup corn
1/4 of a lime
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 poblano pepper
2 tbsp Tostitos medium queso
1 tbsp light cream cheese
1 tsp cumin
1 slice fat free cheddar
2 tsp breadcrumbs

Instructions:

(Preheat oven to 350)

1. Cook your chicken in whatever manner you want. I just toss mine in a saute pan until it's done. Roast the poblano as well, and peel the skin off afterwards.

2. Chop up the chicken and the poblano into small pieces. Throw them in a bowl with the corn, black beans, onion, queso and cream cheese. Squeeze the lime over the mixture and add the cumin and salt to taste. Mix it all around well.

3. Slice the bell pepper in half lengthwise to make two little "bowls", then take the seeds and veins out. Place on a baking sheet w/ parchment paper.

4. Fill the peppers bowls with your stuffing. Put them in the oven for 25 minutes. (I had more stuffing than I needed to stuff my peppers...so I ate the rest with a fork while I waited for it to cook :laugh: )

5. After 25 mins, put half a slice of cheese and 1 tsp breadcrumbs on top of each pepper half. Bake for five more minutes, then broil for four.

Calories: 307
Carbs: 39 g (9 g fiber)
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 26 g

Replies

• minxonastick
    Options
    This looks fantastic! Is there another pepper you would recommend to sub for the poblano? Is it used fresh, or is it like chipotle peppers, stewed in a sauce?
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    this sounds amazing! I think I'll make this for dinner, definitely
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    This looks fantastic! Is there another pepper you would recommend to sub for the poblano? Is it used fresh, or is it like chipotle peppers, stewed in a sauce?

I used a fresh roasted poblano just because I like the taste. It doesn't add too much and you could leave it out if ya wanted...maybe add canned greened chiles or jalapeños if youre looking for spice!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    yummy!! hoping to make this soon! thanks!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump for later they look awesome
  • minxonastick
    Options
    Thanks! I am definitely going to make this.

I used a fresh roasted poblano just because I like the taste. It doesn't add too much and you could leave it out if ya wanted...maybe add canned greened chiles or jalapeños if youre looking for spice!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yum! My kind of recipe. Thanks.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump because they look yum-o!
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This looks great!!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That is MY kind of stuffed pepper...Thanks!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My son might actually eat this! Thanks!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    zvvlfb.jpg

I was craving Chipotle, but I wanted a healthy and homemade version. So, here it is!

Ingredients:

1 medium bell pepper
    2 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1/4 cup black beans
    1/4 cup corn
    1/4 of a lime
    2 tbsp chopped onion
    1 poblano pepper
    2 tbsp Tostitos medium queso
    1 tbsp light cream cheese
    1 tsp cumin
    1 slice fat free cheddar
    2 tsp breadcrumbs

Instructions:

(Preheat oven to 350)

1. Cook your chicken in whatever manner you want. I just toss mine in a saute pan until it's done. Roast the poblano as well, and peel the skin off afterwards.

2. Chop up the chicken and the poblano into small pieces. Throw them in a bowl with the corn, black beans, onion, queso and cream cheese. Squeeze the lime over the mixture and add the cumin and salt to taste. Mix it all around well.

3. Slice the bell pepper in half lengthwise to make two little "bowls", then take the seeds and veins out. Place on a baking sheet w/ parchment paper.

4. Fill the peppers bowls with your stuffing. Put them in the oven for 25 minutes. (I had more stuffing than I needed to stuff my peppers...so I ate the rest with a fork while I waited for it to cook :laugh: )

5. After 25 mins, put half a slice of cheese and 1 tsp breadcrumbs on top of each pepper half. Bake for five more minutes, then broil for four.

Calories: 307
    Carbs: 39 g (9 g fiber)
    Fat: 6 g
    Protein: 26 g

Bump
    looks yummy
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    Bump
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Are both halves one serving or is is half a serving?
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    yummo!
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    Looks great! Are both halves one serving or is is half a serving?
    -

The whole recipe is one serving :)
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Looks delicious!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty!