Whats your motivation?

Options

Replies

• yquier
    yquier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Getting to buy clothes at a normal store and not Lane Gyant!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    set up some short term goals.

my next upcoming goal for motivation is an upcoming trip to barbados. i'm going to to be dancing in a band so i'll only be wearing the costume which will involve bikini, a feathered headpiece and maybe some feathers thing on my shins :laugh: every ounce of fat i lose between now and then is 1 ounce less i need to worry about jiggling or falling out of my costume !
  • mariaj1979
    mariaj1979 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have always been the fat kid when I was a child then I became the more mature looking teenager and that when my problems started. In my teen I got fatter and fatter but I was always active I played basketball and I was in jrotc. But my weight just went up and up. In my early 20's I lost 30lbs then got married and gained it all back.
    The one thing that motivated me to loose weight was I didn't think I could have a baby and when I did have my son I lost 70lbs to start with and kept it off for 8 years. 16 months ago I got into boxing and I wanted to fight competivaly but couldn't because I was still pretty big. Fighting in the ring is spurring me on to loose weight to have my son next to me when I hit my goal.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My motivation is seeing others progress and the progress that I've made so far. Hanging around people with the same goals helps me a lot. Reading articles on fitness always trying to learn more helps too. I also love the way I feel from getting regular exercise.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All the things I used to be able to do and now can't.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh i forgot I also post my workouts on FB and twitter so if I slack everyone gonna know!! That's a big motivator LOL
  • apgant
    apgant Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My children so they will have at least one parent around for a while. They lost their daddy/my husband last year to a horrific disease......CANCER. Stress also motivates me because after I work out I feel refreshed.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My old pics, my photoshoot this August and some friendly competition!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My health first and foremost with having multiple chronic health conditions in my family and since I've discovered MFP, the friends I've made here. They motivate me so much and I want to better myself for them as much as myself. It's a support structure that I've never had and I want to make them as proud as they all make me!
  • blondejester
    Options
    to be happy with my body, to finally have self-esteem and to wear what i want
  • weightlossgurl96
    Options
    I'm starting a new job soon and i really want a fresh start, i think shedding a bit of the excess weight will give me the confidence to be as good at my job as i can be. also, who doesn't want to look good in a swimsuit?
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is to be able to feel good about my body again, to not look into the mirror and be disgusted. That is a HUGE motivation for me and so far has pulled me through, I am just sick of the way I am!! My next motivation is my health. I want to live as long a life as possible..to be able to spend many many yrs with my kids and husband and to health wise feel great!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I actually like to exercise but on those days where I'm feeling lazy I tell myself my body "DESERVES" to exercise. We were made to move our bodies, really. That's all I need to get off my butt!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Five of my family members have died in the past two years of cancer. Another one just diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Each one had a different type of cancer. I'm just trying to be healthier, more careful about things, and hopefully beat the odds.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    -My son. I want to show him a healthy and active lifestyle.
    -My husband. He has type 2 diabetes and I really hope that he will maybe be influenced to clean up his eating habits also.
    -Myself. I have always been uncomfortable. I have always been overweight. I want to feel more confident and comfortable. I also love running and reaching faster times and further distances. It's easier to run with less weight to carry around.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What keeps my butt pushing and moving on is purely revenge, and seeing a certain someone's face drop after seeing what they lost!!

Great motivator!!
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What keeps my butt pushing and moving on is purely revenge, and seeing a certain someone's face drop after seeing what they lost!!

LOL I'm with you on the revenge part! Not to mention getting my happiness, confidence, and self-esteem back, all the while mending my broken heart.
  • Lilip0p
    Lilip0p Posts: 36
    Options
    My boobs motivate me.

Yea, seriously. I paid a fortune, had 2 surgeries.. complications.. but now I love them. Having a great top half and a fat gross bottom half is not acceptable.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My age is as big a motivator as any other. I dont want to end up a fat old lady. I have too much more living to do.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Love this!!