So Darn AWESOME :)

Options
happyfeetrebel1
happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
We bought this house in the year 2000, and I was a lot smaller than I am right now. Shortly after we bought it, I started to gain weight, and gain, and gain, and gain, and....well..you know.

Well, each season, I'd take my winter clothes and put them in a bin under my storage area, planning to get them out and wear them when winter came around each year..only each year I was bigger, so I just bought the new size stuff. I did the same thing with summer season clothing. Not surprisingly, there were a LOT of bins..the big Rubbermaid storage ones, under there.

When I started losing weight, I crawled under there and got some bins, and the stuff in front fit, so I wore it..and as I've gotten smaller, I've crawled under time and time again, because the sizes are smaller the farther back I go. Then I take the stuff that's too big to Goodwill. I don't plan on wearing those sizes ever again!

Last week, I crawled under there, looking for a stash..and there is only ONE bin left!! That's it..there isn't anything smaller!! I am almost the same size as I was when we moved into this house TWELVE years ago!! To me, that is amazing. I never, ever thought I'd get to this place. Granted, I still need to lose about 40 lbs..just to be normal, but after 300 lbs..it's amazing to be this 'small'

Oooh, I'm so excited, I just had to share!!

Replies

• doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    Options
    Way to go. You should be tremendously proud of yourself. I can hardly wait until I can get into my old clothes too... I kept them too.
  • vonne06
    vonne06 Posts: 42
    Options
    Way to go!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks..I'm so excited...I felt foolish keeping them all..but wearing them again makes me feel great

You'll get there..that's why we're here!!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love this little story. I hope soon you will have to get new clothes because you have no more left in the bins and they are all too big for you :)
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I have a stash of clothes that I have said I will wear again some day. Hopefully I will, then they will get too big!
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've kept a lot of my smaller clothes too hoping someday they would fit again! Good for you!!!
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    Thats a great story.
  • MsFreeman
    MsFreeman Posts: 3
    Options
    WOWeeee...What a "GREAT FEELING & SUCCESS STORY"!!!! You've Come a LONG WAY My Dear and "Shopping For New Clothes" is Just AROUND the COrner for you.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I can imagine how great of a feeling that is!!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    This is DARN AWESOME. It's a super cool story and visual too, so many layers of meaning! Good for you. Last bin, all cleared out, no more baggage, ready for new. Congrats!!!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A W E S O M E !!!!!
  • kittymata
    kittymata Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been holding on to my clothes since 2007. I have yet to get back to where I was. I ranged from 125-140. Then life kicked in and I found myself at my highest of 218. I am now 4 lbs away from getting out of the 200's. Hoping to one day put on those size 3-4 or 5-6 again. Great job! You are doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!