some success for me

Options
I still have a long way to go on weight loss, I weigh in tonight. However, this is very important to me so I thought I would share.
Today my family and I spent the day at the beach. For the past two years this excursion would have tired me out. I would have been tired and wanted to go home early. Not today! We walked up and down the beach, played chase the wave with our two year old and climbed steep stairs and paths to and from the beach. Before I would have been hot, winded and sore with just one climb to the beach.
We walked around Cannon Beach for a couple hours as well and while the boys had ice cream I happily had a SF iced Americano. I payed attention to what I ate and drank and eventhough, I did not get to workout today I stayed within my calorie limits. I had a piece of cheese pizza but I had a salad too. Before, the fact that I had any pizza would have sent me into the tailspin of why does it matter now and I would have thought I think I'll have ice cream too.Or worse, I would have had just a salad and been mad the rest of the day, probably over indulging later. I think the fact that I felt great for the walking and climbing instead of exhausted inspired me to realize that I was probably o.k in the calorie count and if I wasn't it would not be the end of the world. Anyways, like I said before this is what I want, a plan that I can live with.
I want..my life...a healthy life...a fun life.
I am so proud of myself for not missing a workout in two months and today I got the results I didn't
even see coming :) That is my success for today!:happy: :happy: :happy: :heart: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• spicespice04
    Options
    Congratulations! This is great!:smooched:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!
    :heart:
    It's all about a new healthy lifestyle you can really live with!
  • sassy1957
    Options
    Congratulations and blessings on your continuing journey! I joined a couple of weeks ago, and this is inspiration to me..a toast to you!:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Little changes add up to big things!:flowerforyou: Congrats on your good choices.:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned since buying my heart rate monitor is that you DID work out today!! You probably burned an additional 500 calories walkign up and down the beach!!!

They train horses in sand so the muscles will build in their legs (hard to get them to do a bi-cep curl I imagine!:laugh: )

I was at the beach for 2 hours last weekend. Walked approx 1 mile, swam, and then walked about 1/2 mile in the water. I burned an ADDITIONAL 350 calories above my normal expenditure just sitting or standing.

I am so happy for you. What a wonderful feeling to be comfortable in your own body!!

:flowerforyou: :glasses: Jeannie
  • frogg2allegra
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all. Your kind words mean more to me than you know :):smile::smile: :heart: :smile: :smile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!