BIG FAT CHUBBY MOMMA

Options
My youngest teases me and calls me BIG FAT CHUBBY MOMMA, ~its a sting, but he is so cute..........I want to improve my appearance and overall energy level, and have him call me small skinny momma~lol looking for friends and helpful tips to stay motivated this time. i have been on here 5 days.......loging, and wanting to make the most out of my experience.

Replies

• Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Proud mommy if two beautiful kids here too! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am a mom to two young daughters, 10 and 7. I started at 237 on Aug 1st, and am at 172, goal is 130. You can do this!
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I have 2 boys ages 3 and 1. I have 80-100 pounds to lose, I've lost 12 so far!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm a Stay at home Mommy of 4 kiddos ages:9 (boy), 7(girl), 5 (girl), and 3(boy). Good luck on your journey. I understand perfectly the sting of children's innocent remarks. Yesterday, I had my two daughters at the zoo. When we were getting ready to board the zoo train, my 7 year old said, "We can all share one seat because Erika and I are skinny." I'm afraid that the unfortunate emphasis that she put of "Erika and I" really hurt my feelings. Use it as fuel! We can do this together.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My youngest teases me and calls me BIG FAT CHUBBY MOMMA, ~its a sting, but he is so cute......

If my 9 year old was calling me (or anyone else, for that matter) names like that he'd be grounded. That's not cute. That's absurd... and displays very poor social skills.

Don't let your son call you names. You're his mama! You're the boss. You deserve his respect and have already earned it by virtue of being his mother.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling my youngest daughter would see those commercials for diet pills that show the fat lady shrinking into a skinny women and tell me I need to buy those (she is only 5 but still). I was also told by her that I must have swallowed a watermelon seed because I had a watermelon in my belly that was ready to be picked :) to this day she will not eat watermelon seeds lol..
    They mean no harm, but it can be hurtful and make you feel bad about yourself.

Now that you have started your journey you will see how proud he will be of you, and to have him tell you that you look beautiful just they way you are will be your proudest moment :))
  • weightlossgurl96
    Options
    good for you, it takes a lot to get motivated!
  • secondchance82
    Options
    Not going to beat you up, but your kid has to hear those kind of put downs from somewhere. That would warrant a spanking in this household.

I recently got re-married and along with a new husband, I got a 9 year old step-daughter. I learned the hard way to stop calling myself "fat" in front of her because she was asking me if she can go on a diet with me. I just go with healthy instead of fat and not put downs. Don't put yourself down in front of your children!
  • HFD68
    HFD68 Posts: 16
    Options
    I think it is great that you are motivated!!!

please use this as a teachable moment for your child as well. Names hurt, not just other people but people who love them as well. If you dont help them learn this at home you may end uphorrified when they say something equally hurtful to someone else, like a stranger in the grocery store.
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    You can add me also, I am a mom of 4 kiddos, still have about 90 pounds to lose :)