Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Options
I just HAD to give this youtube video of Dr. Lustig's its own topic!!! I've known much of this info for a very long time, but ohhhh myyyy gosshhhh, there is soooooooo much more that I didn't!!

Low Fat/High Fructose Corn Syrup diet IS a HIGH FAT diet!

Watch it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this--I've watched the first half hour but I'm getting sleepy. But, I already feel like throwing out the little bit of sugar I have in the house!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this--I've watched the first half hour but I'm getting sleepy. But, I already feel like throwing out the little bit of sugar I have in the house!

Sleep well!!! And watch the rest as soon as you can; there is some amazing info that you don't want to miss!! I know how you feel about the "little bit of sugar" cuz I feel the same way! More than that, though, is the knowledge of the mechanism that astounds me! WOW!! I'm soooo thankful to the other poster who pointed this video out to us! Now I've been looking for anything I can find from Dr. Lustig and HFCS!

All the best on your journey!
  • stephcheers
    Options
    This was very interesting and my kids are not going to be happy about not getting their weekend pop. I stopped drinking my 4+ can a day habbit of Diet Cherry Pepsi about 3 weeks ago and I can tell my body is happier for it. Sugar in any form is addictive and dangerous. This was a good reminder that my healthy and fit children will eventually show the effects of too much sugar in their diets. Can you believe the infant formual statement??!! Unbelievable that so many babies are drinking "milk shakes".

My goal is to feel and be healthier, not just hit a number on the scale. This video made the case for that very well. Thanks for sharing!
  • SusieSonshine
    Options
    Can you believe the infant formual statement??!! Unbelievable that so many babies are drinking "milk shakes".

Yeah! I breastfed all 4 of my babies! Shocking!
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    THANKS

excellent post! very informative!!!!

I will have to show this to my bf also..
  • SusieSonshine
    Options
    THANKS

excellent post! very informative!!!!

I will have to show this to my bf also..

Without getting too high up on my soapbox and preachin', I'm trying to inform everyone I possibly can!!! In fact, when I go to see my doctor in a couple of weeks, I'm going to bring this info to her. This should be getting out there! Does the medical community think it should be kept hush-hush?! My gosh!

For those that haven't watched it yet, I know it's 90 minutes, but worth it! You won't be sorry!

All the best to you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    oh boy i think after reading this i'm going to be very wary of sugars...imma check everything i eat and try to eat less than 25sugars a day (not counting fruit and vegetable sugars)
  • SusieSonshine
    Options
    oh boy i think after reading this i'm going to be very wary of sugars...imma check everything i eat and try to eat less than 25sugars a day (not counting fruit and vegetable sugars)

My friend and I, over the years, have talked about why people are so obese and have cellulite at younger ages, and why the older people, like our mom's, don't have these problems. It might just have to do with this conspiracy to load us up with HFCS, like Dr. Lustig explains! And it all goes back to the age-old prob: greed.

And now, I see in another thread, that there's a new movie out called Food, Inc. There's a clip on youtube. I'm gonna rent it when it comes out on dvd! Netflix has Supersize Me! on instant, and that sure is informational!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    this kind of makes me want to start a new group called, "Boo unnatural sugars"
  • SusieSonshine
    Options
    this kind of makes me want to start a new group called, "Boo unnatural sugars"

I hear ya!! <smile!>
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    bumping for later when I have more time :flowerforyou:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    bumping for later! :wink:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I watched the rest of it--so helpful!! I too was appalled at the infant formula sugar content--outrageous! I am happy though that fruit is OK!!! I will be sending this video to friends/family.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I saw Food Inc. It was very informative. It's still playing at some of the "older movie/dollar theatres"- Thanks for the post!
    :smile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Shoshannah
    Options
    Awesome vid!!! Thanks soooo much for sharing!!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    bumping for my topics
    thanks for posting
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    EVERYone needs to watch this, and learn what he's saying. It was very eye opening for me...scary, but very enlightening.