Suggestions for a candy bar addict?

Options

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I forced myself to quit cold turkey. Only now, do I occasionally allow myself a sweet item. I used to eat at least three sugary items a day. I didn't even know I had an addiction until I was forced to quit during a weight loss study. It sucked big time, but I feel so much better now! You just have to force yourself to STOP. Want to be healthy more than you want the candy.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No one can help you only yourself!
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you like chocolate peanut butter combo - I have found Fit & Active protein meal bars to taste pretty close to candy bars. They are a little less sweet but definitively give you a chocolate fix. I love them. ( I eat them as a morning or afternoon snack (or both) never to replace an actual meal)
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The kashi dark chocolate and cherry bars are really good...definately help with a sweet craving
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I quit at one point. It was tough but I stopped craving it. My partner has kept bringing it home and I've let into my diet again. Too much of it too. I'm quitting again! For good. Even with good deficits I'm not going to lose the same! Its not worth it! The less you eat the less you crave for sure! X
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow!!! 110 calories!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hershey bars were my weakness. I totally stopped eating them. The other day I got one and had the calories and thought I wanted one. It had been two months, I deserved it. I ate one square and didn't like it. I didn't even finish it. It didn't taste like I remembered. I'm hooked on fruit now? go figure
  • claregoulding
    Options
    Cut down to one a day then to one a week and before you know it the cravings will disappear.
    Or you can just cut them out all together the first few days will be hard but have the will power to overcome the craving and before you know it the cravings will be gone.
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    Luna Bars are awesome! You can get big size ones the size of a candy bar or snack size ones. The variety boxes are good, you can get those on Amazon or at Target. I'm sure they are sold at a lot of other places also.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    yea. i have horrible sugar cravings as well. you still should allow yourself a candy bar in moderation. you just can't over due it. as long as it fits into your daily calorie goals, its fine. there are also lower calorie options for chocolate out there. such as the dark chocolate york peppermint patties, are lower in calories and fat. or there are the Skinny Cow chocolate bars, for people who are on diets. they taste pretty good. just remember its all about moderation. make it fit into your daily calorie goals and you should be fine.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow!!! 110 calories!

Yes! they are the best
  • xxzimmer
    xxzimmer Posts: 37
    Options
    I eat quest bars, look them up.

I wanted to try them but at 2$ a bar NO WAY..... cliff bars saved me and are only $1 A BAR ;-)

There should be a coupon code for a free bar. I said the same thing until I tried them. They are great and filling. Also they don't use a lot of sugars in them. I eat the Cliff Mint Chcolate bars too.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Kudo's granola bars are 100 cals and come in snickers, M&M and Dove. They are insanely good! Work them into your daily cals :)
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like some chocolate in the evenings when I'm sitting around reading or on my computer and someone gave me the idea to get big bars and break them up and put small amounts in ziploc bags in the cupboard. Then I can grab one small serving at night and really enjoy it without having the rest of the candy right there and having to resist eating the whole bar. Also, you could do the same thing with the fun size/miniature versions of most candy. I have a bag of dove dark chocolate almond promises pieces in my cabinet right now and when I want some chocolate, I grab 3 and that's it. No going back for more, and I never bring out the entire bag or else I might not stop myself from eating too many.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I used hoodia herb extract to support my appetite/mood when I cut back on carbs. If I were to break the habit you speak of, I would plan on having a few uncomfortable days while I changed that bad cycle.

With the hoodia, I hear it can be a bogus product, so get a very reputable brand. It worked very welll for me...after a few days, i noticed the appetite suppression. It is natural and not habit forming. I had not problems when I stopped taking it. I have been doing great with my carbs!

Also probably pick up a good low-carb protein drink...take it maybe twice a day near your craving times.

Don't do the same things you've always done, or you will get the same results...change your pattern!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I used to crave sugar and used to eat a lot of candy, but within a few weeks of not drinking soda, the sugar cravings pretty much went away. I have a treat now and then, but I don't crave it anymore.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE chocolate addict. My mom used to tell me that I was the worst she's ever seen. Hahah! Anyways, for me personally, I notice the cravings are a lot stronger when I'm very hungry (like if dinner was coming and I was hungry I would rather just eat something chocolatey instead of eating food) after sex (yeah I know.. just being honest here..) or when I'm depressed. I found that eating more protein helps put a dent in those cravings! If you know when you have the cravings the most that can help you also.

I think you should just stop, let the candy heaven bars go! If not, you can kinda ween yourself off of them. Or restrict yourself to having only one (a small one) on a designated cheat day.

I think you'll notice over time that your body won't want sugar very much once you get it used to not having it. Good luck!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch bar... like at butterfinger and 100 calories. mmmmm... now to make sure you just eat one and not the whole box.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh and YES. SKINNY COW! :love:
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow!

they have tons of bars that are delicious and usually around 110cals and also the dreamy clusters are amazing