HRM that ACTUALLY works while swimming laps?

Options
dorkof82
dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
i have the polar FT4 and while its Supposed* to be fine while swimming, mine cant pick up a signal once i start moving... does anyone know of a HRM that ACTUALLY works while vigorously swimming laps to track calories?

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Polars work just fine in the pool. This is what I do.

#1: I wear the polar t31-coded transmitter in the pool. It maintains contact with my chest better than the soft wear-link transmitter.
    http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/T31_coded_Transmitter
    #2. I NEVER push any of the buttons on my polar watch/receiver when the watch is under water.
    #3. I NEVER wear my polar in salt water. Wrecked a perfectly good polar that way. My daughter did also. They don't seem to warn you about this.
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying :) I ended up just using the polar I have, and found a way to be able to do some laps without it giving an error for too long. It was better than nothing...
  • chrisdavy239
    chrisdavy239 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also wear my polar in the water - but usually under a wetsuit in the open water. It seems to work fine. I sometimes have to give it a couple of tries to make sure the connection is well established before I start a session (not just swimming), but after that it's normally fine :-)