tuna

Options
what do your put in your tuna sandwich and what kind of bread or crackers do you use ? i usually put pickles and a teaspoon of mayo w/olive oil. im just looking for some ideas on how to switch it up a bit. Thanks :)

Replies

• gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I use wholegrain pita bread. Usually have tuna, sweetcorn, baby spinach and a little bit of salsa. It's delish.
  • richyrich89
    Options
    I like lots of vinegar, and pepper.

I use extra light Mayo, and add 1 TBSP :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I love tuna with chopped onions (also yellow, red & orange peppers sometimes), frank red hot, and some crushed red pepper. It's SO yummy! I just eat it in a bowl :)
  • richyrich89
    Options
    Also better to get Tuna in Brine/Spring water rather than oil, saves those calories! ;)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles or actual dill, pepper, a little light mayo and sometimes a little mustard. I usually put it on whole wheat sandwich thins or make an open faced toasted sandwich with a piece of wheat or rye bread. If I don't have a lot of carb room, I make lettuce wraps.
  • madfreebird
    Options
    Tuna, sweetcorn, some light mayo and lots of smoked chipotle tobasco, normally have it on rivita crackers.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Instead of mayo try avocado. Yummy. I usually make my own bread so whatever is in the house. Although often it is thrown on a salad instead.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Albacore with half mayo, half Greek yogurt, with green onions. Served in half an avocado, so much tastier than bread.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    No bread for me, but I do eat a lot of tuna! I like to eat oil packed tuna (tastes so much better) with bread and butter pickles. I also like it with avocado or guac.
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cajun seasoning and sometimes mustard. I usually do a wrap or wheat bread
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will make a tuna/deviled egg salad....YUM!

ETA - Oh...forgot. No bread right now but when I go back to using it, I use a low carb bread.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise and hot sauce. And boiled eggs. I don't usually do bread.
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Red Onion finely chopped, red pepper diced, and fresh dill.
    Tbsp of Hellman's light mayo and a can of good quality tuna (in brine)

And the juice from 1/2 lemon, and a dash of fresh ground pepper.

I use one slice of seedy bread, toasted with low fat cheese.
  • Mizysak44
    Mizysak44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sounds crazy but I use franks red hot sauce and eat it right out of the can. It's amazing. My brother told me about it he used to eat that while he was in Iraq.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I make a salad with tuna, a little olive oil, lemon juice, celery, tomato, white beans, and sometimes herbs or green onion. With pita bread.
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    I eat tuna at least 3 times a week for lunch. Almost always on a 60 cal flour tortilla with mayo. Perfect with a pickle chaser.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I just eat it w/a fork - no bread. With either Wickles (spicy pickles) or avocado. It also tastes good w/mustard if you're making a sandwich instead of mayo.
  • bozzalozza
    bozzalozza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tuna and pesto work well together too.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    spicy mustard
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    With sliced avocado, sliced egg, and sliced pickles on a light, fluffy sandwich bread.