ARGHHHHHH!!!

Options
:mad: I just have to vent....I went to a 40th birthday party last night...I had no intention of drinking...I ate within my calories and was having a good time...but for some reason my friends just don't understand that it is possible to have a good time with out alcohol!!! Every ten minutes one of them was coming up to me saying you need to drink come on drink...it's so fecking annoying...they were drawing so much attention to me for not drinking that I felt uncomfortable...It's not like I was the only one not drinking there...AND:grumble: my boyfriend is even worse telling me ya know you'd be out there dancing if you were drinking so why don't you just have a couple:grumble: I wasn't dancing cause the music was ****e ( in my opinion)

Does anyone elese have this crap when they go out?

I can't stand the fact they people feel the need to draw attention to any changes you are trying to make in your life...I don't like drinking in the past 3 months I have had 3 drinks...I live in Ireland....this feckin country is obsessed with drink:grumble:

Thanks for letting me moan
January:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, gf! I've had the same thing happen to me, many times! However, after watching that video by Dr. Robert Lustig: Sugar: The Bitter Truth, I want to avoid alcohol as much as possible!! Yikes!! I couldn't believe that a beer reacts in the liver the same way as a cola! Unbelieveable!!

All the best to you on your journey!!

BTW... my grandfather came from Galway. <smile!>

:flowerforyou:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    Options
    :grumble: Not only when I go out, but I honestly dread every family event because they give me s#*t for not eating, drinking, snacking...They are not overweight but just don't care about healthy lifestyle. It's all about "It's so yummy"....so let's eat it. Everyone thinks I am trying to lose weight. I hate it and I am sick of it. And I hate the most when they say "You have nothing to worry about, you are so tiny...how much do you weigh?" :noway: Just leave me alone already!!!!!!!! So- I hear ya. I think people are just jealous that they can't say NO to that giant cake, chips and other crappy foods.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sure, that used to happen to me a lot. They eventually get over it though, or at least my friends did. Nobody wants to be called a lush. It took me a while to realize it, but by not drinking, I was feeding my friend's insecurities, they KNEW they drink too much, and they KNEW they weren't healthy, and they didn't want me to be a reminder of that.

Fortunately, while I care about my friends, I care about me more, so I was able to resist their urgings and stick to my guns. I realize that's hard, but hey, sometimes you just gotta say no.

The first time I ordered rounds and ordered a water with lemon for me they were like "WHAT?" I explained my situation to them and most called me a "*****" (girl part). That was fine, about 6 months later when I was playing baseball at 30 lbs thinner, they understood, I was kicking *kitten* and they knew why! :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Can anyone say "peer pressure"? I mean, we teach our kids about it as far as drugs, cigarettes, and underage drinking. Guess what? Some of those kids that do the peer pressure when we're teenagers never grow up in that aspect. Misery loves company?

You did great! Just remember all the things you stood up for when you were a kid or how crappy you felt after you gave into things. And now that the moment is over, look at how much stronger you are and better you feel. You should have called all of them at like 7 this morning all cheery and see how many are hurting from their evening. (In a catty mood this morning).

We'll give you positive peer pressure...Keep up the good work.
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    . You should have called all of them at like 7 this morning all cheery and see how many are hurting from their evening. (In a catty mood this morning).

I so considered calling everyone of them...but with my luck they would still be up drinking...when I left them at 230am they were still in full swing...I will get my payback one day

I am happy that I was able to get up and have breakfast this morning with my kids and feel good for the day :wink: