40 lbs to lose, trying this again

Options
I starting my journey in January of 2011. i starting MFP around the end of February I think. I did well, I went from 197 to 175 by May. I was very proud of myself. Then life got me!
I stopped using MFP. My boyfriend of 4 years left me. I moved to Nashville and become so beyond without money. I was living in a hotel at one point. Stress and life got me. I ate what was convenient when I wanted and what I wanted. I didn't work out anymore.
To be honest, I could tell. My energy was down, I just wasnt feeling great about myself anymore.
Then I just recently weighed myself. I am back up to 190. I looked in the mirror and said "I REFUSE to go back to how miserable I was. I decided that I would take this weekend to get a plan together, get some routines in mind and get started again on Monday.

So, here we go
I'm Pattie. I'm 23.
Starting Weight: 190lbs
Goal Weight: 150lbs
Goal Reached: I'm giving myself until Christmas to lose 40lbs, that should be possible! 6 months!

Replies

• RK262
    RK262 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome! 40 pounds is a very reasonable goal by Christmas. I'm at the same weight as you, feel free to add me =) Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150 lbs too! Add me and we can help each other reach those goals! :bigsmile:

Sara:flowerforyou:
  • dianefambry
    dianefambry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I cant believe how down-on-your-luck thing got. But welcome back. I'm back for 2nd round. 234 when I quit and coming back over 1 year later at 255. Lost 9 lbs so far. I have always been thin, my nick name was olive oil (from popeye). Since I gained 100 lbs I've noticed that the heat is hard on me and I hate sweating. Back in May, I began drinking only water. This is unheard of. I hate water. I have coffee every other day. But I've found a couple things...If I just drink enough water, I don't "jones" for pop and being hydreated with water I've noticed the heat doesn't bother me anymore.
    Thought I'd share... :smile:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you're back. You've made the hardest step… recognizing you need to get back on the wagon, so to speak. You did it before, you can do it again. This time, you will be stronger and better prepared to deal with what life throws at you… because life is ALWAYS throwing something at us… big and little. I am a big-time stress eater, so I do know how easy it is to let food be "comfort" and "control" and whatever else it is that makes our bodies think it must have it! But, we can take real control by being our better selves! (At least the majority of the time. I say there's nothing wrong with a good cry and a cup of ice cream once in a while. :wink: )
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    Good luck add me if you want some more friends
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and welcome!
  • debinewb1
    debinewb1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!