finding myself with so many cals left over

Options
2»

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Meerkat don't you know if you're not starving yourself you're not working hard enough!

OP if you HAVE to eat at work look into having your other meals be homemade. Start small and work your way up. The insulated lunchbox is another great idea.

You also don't need to eat junk food to hit your calories.

Lastly, if you're snacking and not adding it, you're probably already at your calorie level. There's a quick add option and while it's not the best you should be imputting the calories in.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i very rarely eat my calls, i havent starved in fact ive lost 5 and half stones so far. i have loads of salads and veg,
  • Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I noticed you exercise quite regualily. Just because you burn those calories doesn't mean you should eat more. Kind of defeats the purpose of working out.

What utter nonsense.

The 'point' of working out is to increase fitness. Maintaining a calorie deficit is how you lose weight. But there's no requirement to starve your body to do so.

^ THIS

Not eating back the calories you work off can often be counter-productive. Work out to get fit, to allow you to eat more, to look good, whatever... but your calorie deficit should remain moderate and sustainable. If not, your body will just crash. If that means eating more to make up for exercise, so be it.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    OK should I change my activity level tho? I feel I burn a lot of calories at work because I work for 7 hours and occasionally get to sit down for 30 min.... I have it set on sedatary but I'm considering changing it to lightly active....
  • Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely a good idea - somtimes eating more allows you to lose more! Counterintuitive, but once you've kick started your metabolism again the weight will start coming off. Just be aware, when you start eating more you may gain a few pounds to start with while your body 'stocks up'. Most of it will be water. After that, keep at it and you'll start to see progress again hopefully.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No advice, but I wish I had that problem.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    HI. I saw you mentioned that you eat strawberries and tomatoes at work, but you don't log them.They don't have many calories at all, but can you count them out before you eat them and then grab from them throughout the day? I have an office job so I can snack whenever. When I buy fruit, the first thing I do when I get home is wash it and cut it up, measure it or weigh it and separate it into baggies or containers so I already know what I'm ok with eating before I do it. Cucumbers are another good one to snack on as they don't have many cals, either. Wendy's was one of my favorite places to go for the doublestack (before they changed the menu), but the ONLY thing I get there now on occasion is an order of the original nuggets. Once you look at the nutrition information online, it kinda makes ya change your mind about eating that stuff. Someone had mentioned getting a lunch pack - there are sooo many options out there now for insulated lunch bags and a lot of them even come with containers that fit perfectly inside. Our local Ross had some cute ones and so does Amazon... I just ordered a new one from a 31 Party as a treat for reaching my next "mini-goal weight". Good luck and hang in there!! :)
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I recommend doing some preplanning & spreading the calories out thru your day. I do better with weight loss when I eat a solid breakfast. However, if I had more calories I'd eat more protein and fruit then top it off with my favorite snack of all times ... Popcorn!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would say you should change your setting from sedentary if you are on your feet all day. Also, I know it may be difficult when you are working shifts, but you need to try and not skip lunch - spreading the calories fairly evenly throughout the day is gonna help if you are ending up with loads left over.
    And that sodium intake is going to be a real problem in terms on retaining water and therefore weight. When you're next out shopping, keep a special eye out for lunch you can take that doesn't need the fridge or like other people said get one of those lunchboxes. Its important to be eating enough so seeking advice is the right thing to do! Keep up the good work. :)
  • Barb1211
    Barb1211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have health insurance, check your benefits to see if it covers any visits with a dietician. Even one visit would be helpful for guidance in making healthy choices. Our dietician has helped us tremendously.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Definitely a good idea - somtimes eating more allows you to lose more! Counterintuitive, but once you've kick started your metabolism again the weight will start coming off. Just be aware, when you start eating more you may gain a few pounds to start with while your body 'stocks up'. Most of it will be water. After that, keep at it and you'll start to see progress again hopefully.

Thanks! I will look into this and see. But i cant help thinking to lose weight i have to eat less and i yet i still know that isnt true.

I am going to run to walmart and see if i can find a lunch box that will fit my needs.
    I will hopefuully be starting a new job in a week or so which will mean no more nasty fast food lol

As for the snacking i do log it because i will put stuff in my diary that i didnt really eat just to say that i did eat extra.
    I just dont log excatly what i snacked on lol. And its uaually 1 strawberry, a couple tomatos and maybe a pickle or 2

*wow posting from a phone is a pain in the....*

Thanks again for everyones help! And if anyone wants to be friends thats fine with me :-)