Looking for a Support Team

Options
annokoye
annokoye Posts: 125 Member
Hello All,

I am new to MFP. I have been on the site for a week now and I have really been reading a lot of success stories from the message board. I am excited, nervous, and at times very stressed about losing 35-40 lbs. Originally, I was so stressed however, after reviewing some of the success stories, I am learning that this will take time and patience and constant motivation not to quit. I would really like some friends with a common interest of getting in shape for support. I started working out faithfully at a boot camp for women in Colorado Springs May 7, 2012. When I started working out I was 175lbs. I am 5'4". My weight as of June 2nd was 173lbs. I hope to lose 35-40lbs. This is a new journey for me but I really want to stick with it. My inspiration is my mother. My mother was born with a heart condition that cannot be corrected. Last year the Doctor informed her and my Dad and Aunt that they had done all they can do to help her. However, we are a family that believe strongly in the miracles of God. So my Dad encouraged my Mom that this only meant that it is God's turn to handle it now. The last thing her Doctor told her is that she really need to lose weight. My Mother was never big. She gave birth to 7 children and weight no more than 135lbs at 5'7". However, after my last brother birth she gained weight and didn't lose it as easy as the previous births. Now my mother has told me not to wait to get in shape until my life depends on it. My mother has gone from weighing over 200lbs to now 175lbs. With the stress of my marriage, work, and worrying of being a good mother it has often been very difficult for me to be consistent. However, I really want to do this for my life and my children.

I am currently in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I work for the Department of Defense. I was prior Active Duty Air Force for 10 years and now I am Air Force Reserve. Now that I have explained who I am, what has inspired me to take this journey, my profession; if there are any others on this journey that would like to invite me as a friend for mutual encouragement, I will gladly accept the invitation. To all that have taken the time to read my post. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• msmariebrown
    Options
    Hi there! I sent you a friend request. I will be pulling for you and your mom.
  • NonDescript3
    Options
    What an amazing story! We're already joined up on here so I'm pulling for you and your Mom! I understand the stresses you have in your life kids and work and relationships aren't always the easiest to juggle and add losing weight in there too is hard to do alone. We're here for you and let's go for it!
  • dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have a great outlook for your mom. I believe in miracles just keep lkpraying. you can add me if you like.