I really didn't think it would happen this time...

Options
Since returning to work, I have gained nearly 10 pounds. I was only 17 pounds away from goal. During that time, I've been preparing for my only child to go away to college. I have been stress eating for weeks! It shows! I feel it. Truthfully, I still have the "want to" to get back on track, the problem is I don't PHYSICALLY want to...Make any sense? Usually, and I don't know why, but Sundays are my best days. I can burn 900 cals in one day.

The strange thing is that I'm really not eating unhealthily, I'm just not moving. I've not exercised regularly in weeks. I take my son to Nashville this Thursday. I am praying that once that is said and done, I'll have the energy, physically and mentally, to really get back on track. It is just so hard because only 3 months ago, we didn't know if he would live or die and now HE'S MOVING AWAY! I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks guys/gals for letting me get this off my chest.

I'll always come back to my MFP!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• juliehiggins
    Options
    Everyone goes through those rough patches, but you will get back at it! I am sorry to hear about your son, but it is good news he is going to college. Before I got on this website I didnt care how much I ate and how little I exercised, but now I am really into it. You have already lost a lot of weight so be proud of yourself for that! Good luck!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back it happens to the best of us:grumble: :sad: :cry:
  • tracypoz
    tracypoz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having had 2 sons go off to college I can relate to the stress and worries that causes. As a mom, this is a very hard time, especially if your son was ill prior to his leaving. I was going to ask if you were getting a good nights sleep or sleeping enough? I'd read that that can effect weight loss too.

You'll be able to get back to where you were, just stop beating yourself up and go forward. Take baby steps - park farther away at the grocery store, dance to music when you clean, walk around the block, etc. Any of those things will maybe help get you going again.

Hope this helps a little and good luck, it does get easier when they leave it just takes time to adjust.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

You'll be able to get back to where you were, just stop beating yourself up and go forward. Take baby steps - park farther away at the grocery store, dance to music when you clean, walk around the block, etc. Any of those things will maybe help get you going again.

Hope this helps a little and good luck, it does get easier when they leave it just takes time to adjust.

tracy's so right. Just get up & get started again. You need something to distract you anyway. :wink: When my kids first went away to college I redecorated my bedroom. I put it off for 2 years, knowing I'd need something to think about besides worrying about them. :frown:
    Now you can focus some energy on yourself & your exercise & start planning for his first visit home.
    Hang in there. It isn't easy.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness...I can imagine the stress you're going through. You'll get back on the wagon soon...you know eating right and exercising feels better than NOT doing it, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    OMG! You guys are sooo great! :smooched: :smooched: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Everything you're all telling me makes perfect sense, in my head, it is my :heart: that doesn't want to calibrate! :laugh: I guess that I am not as bad as I could be. At least I'm not buying an entire Edward's pie just for myself and eating it alone at night like I use to. Now that's progress! LOL :)

I keep telling myself that I will get back on track once this is all over. I leave two days from now. This is all too emotional...too fresh for me to care all that much right now. I JUST packed the first few boxes and I don't know how I didn't fall apart! I know I'm letting myself down, I just care more about him than myself right now. I DO however, keep my gym bag in my car just in case I get the urge to ACTUALLY stop off at the gym after work.

Again, thanks to you all. I just really need my friends to tell me it will all be okay..you know...butterfly hugs and all that...:sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: