Help please!

Options
almarsala
almarsala Posts: 168 Member
I'm noticing more and more people are customizing their fat/protein/carbs for the day, and I've been wanting to do the same thing. How have you guys decided which percentage is best for you?

Replies

• bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I customized mine, I followed the suggested guideline from the Insanity and P90X programs; which was a 40/40/20 split - 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat.

I think that's what it was.. lol
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    15-30% protein seems to be a common recommendation, beyond that you can't use extra protein.

Low carb folks limit their carbs to less than 10%, the rest is fats & oils.
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You have already lost a lot.....how did you do it? I agree with the 40/40/20 lady....but we are all different. Congrats on your loss, I am very impressed and should be asking you how you did it! :)
  • SoBeFitNow
    SoBeFitNow Posts: 16
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. I am doing P90X, and my goal for this 2nd round is to lower my body fat % and continue to build muscle. To do that, I am going to start on a diet of 50% protein, 25% fat and 25% carbs. After 4 weeks on that, I'm going to switch my macros to 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat. Shoot me a message if you need more personal advice.
  • almarsala
    Options
    thanks for your responses guys :) my goals are basically wanting to tone up everything (the more carbs I eat, the 'fluffier' i look) and i've started heavy lifting so I know I need protein...just not sure the right combo. I changed it to 40/40/20...I just wish I knew how to keep track of what works for me better lol.
  • almarsala
    Options
    Bump
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Wow, you have certainly done something right my dear. Just wanted to say that, no advice, just compliment. :)