Went Overboard

kroger7
kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday was our annual family bbq with the whole family.:grumble: In the morning and early afternoon I ate some healthy snacks to try to fill up so I wouldn't overdo it....but I ended up eating everything even with a full stomach. I didn't track my calories, but I know I definitely went way overboard. How far back will one bad day set me? I've gone over a little bit before, maybe 100-200 over my calories, but I think yesterday was a solid 500-1000 calories over, maybe more!!:noway: I'm scared to weigh myself...how long will it take for me to recover?? Any help? lol:embarassed:

Replies

• i spent about a week and half going over... i didn't weight myself. I just weighed myself yesterday, and i was the same! Then i weighed myself this morning (i normally don't weigh myself everyday) and I have lost two pounds! Just get back on track, it prob won't make much of a diff!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    One day will not undo a week of being on track. On friday I went way overboard on pizza, smores, and other unhealthy snack foods. On top of that, I didn't exercise for 2 days in a row. When I got on the scale today, I was down by .4 lb. Not huge, but a loss. I'm right back on track. Maybe wait a day or so and drink lots of water. Snack foods tend to be high in sodium. Give yourself that time to flush out any fluid retention. :drinker: :happy: :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    It won't set you back far at all, trust me. 500-1000 in the course of a lifetime is barely a drop in the bucket. I've had those days and still lost a pound or two that week, but even if you don't, just keep truckin' forward. :smile:

Edit: Go back and try to log everything you ate- even if you have to guess'timate some things. I always do, and it helps me stay accountable for what I ate. It's good motivation.
This discussion has been closed.