I really wanna do this.......this time.......

Options
I'm 25.....I'm still a student in college and have one year to go till I have my OTA......At the end of this year my husband and I are going to be trying for a baby and I wanna be a much much much healthier person then....then I am now......i was 150 in high school by the end of my senior year...of course i was playing some for of sport or conditioning almost everyday of my high school career......College happened and so did the cafeteria and the campus grocery store...and late night study snacks...and a starbucks on campus.....and i think you get the point....I'm currently 212 and I am about 5"5....i was never within the ideal weight for my heighth but have decided that that is what I am going for this time......I have a great friend who lives just down the road from me who is pretty much in the same boat that i am in and feels the same way I do (she is also on here)......here's my problems.....I LOVE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!......all of it.....I lose motivation very quickly and I'm incredibly impatient when it comes to seeing results.....

Here's my plan......my goal is not to diet.....yes i wanna lose the weight and I'm cutting out a lot of things to achieve this.........but my goal is to eat healthy!!!.........i've got to get in the mentality that if i screw up once it doesn't mean the whole thing is just wasted........that happens to me alot.....one screw up and i usually feel like a complete failure.......but I'm working on that.....the best quote I have seen on here so far is you didn't put it on overnight.....so your not going to take it off overnight.........everytime i think about just saying screw it....it will never happen for me....i get on here and look at the success stories and then go do a workout......i really wanna do it all this time....i've got about 82 to lose but i think i can do it.....i'm just terrified to fail

Replies

• mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. You are young and you can do this. Check the different groups and find one that fits your interests. That really helps when you can click with the members on there. Be patient...take it a day at a time. Also what's working for me this time, is I'm not looking at the total I want to lose ( 80 pounds). I'm working on five pounds at a time and I do not weigh myself everyday...totally discourages me. So I weigh once a week and post it. Good luck...stay positive and you will succeed.
  • Drealynnrose
    Drealynnrose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you joined MFP. It was what I needed to lose weight. My friend at work got me to sign up and let me tell you I still will have a couple slices of pizza or a burger from McDonalds but at the end of the day I still stay within my calorie budget. Trust me I LOVE to eat too. But I really have been focusing on portion sizes( ACTUALLY GETTING THE MEASURING CUPS OUT). I was really surprised at the thought of how many calories I was actually consuming. One word of advice is if you want ice cream ( or whatever you are craving) go for it just measure it out. If you don't have total will power like me then you want to binge which is not good. Hope you have much success in your journey!
  • kfogle0120
    kfogle0120 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you both so much!!!
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ! I'm working on getting back in shape and do this new lifestyle nonstop .. good luck !!!
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 24 and also a student! Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So glad you joined MFP!!! You CAN do it and you will :) I joined a few months back per recommendation of a friend and my doctor and love it here. I've met so many wonderful people who are encouraging and motivating. Also tracking the food and exercise really helps...I've changed areas of my diet that needed work and, in a few short months, have gone from literally no exercise to over 30 minutes daily (normally..I've been sick so I had to stop for a bit). One thing I tell myself is not to worry so much about how fast the weight comes off but that it comes off and stays off. It is about changing our lifestyles for good so we can lead a happier, healthier life. If we do that, the weight will come off. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to encourage you and share our journey together :) Best of luck, you've taken the first step to a healthier, happier life!
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :wink: I completely understand the frustration...I am in the same boat...starting out at 208 lbs and want to lose 51 lbs...
    but, I love food and have no will power. So, good luck with your journey. May we both be successful on our journey's!
  • RK262
    RK262 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey! It takes time, but you will be able to achieve your weight loss goals. Just keep going and you will lose the weight. Feel free to add me, I'd be happy to help encourage you!
  • kfogle0120
    kfogle0120 Posts: 15
    Options
    THanks everyone
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!, stay focused and get MOTIVATED!
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    Welcome and use us all u need to that is what we are all here for!! to support and encourage each other welcome to a healther lifestyle!!!
  • kg4vjy
    kg4vjy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. I am shorter than you and weighed 206 in January. I started cutting back myself but then my daughter found this program. In April when I started this program I weighed 195. As of this date I am down to 182.5. :smile: I love food too but this way I eat what I want but now I know I have to eat smaller portions to stay within my limits.....Hang in there!!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Doing this? You can! You have a plan it seems, keep the plan and work the plan! Stay focused and determined. I know easier said than done.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    girl u can do this...it can be hard but it can also be easy if u get in the right frame of mind....i still have junk every so often...just not as often as i did before or as much...but it helps w the cravings....good luck to u....and i am here for u. :)