Skinny but out of shape!

Options
Smccau3
Smccau3 Posts: 20 Member
Hi all!

I am a college student trying to get fit. I am a petite girl, so everyone assumes I am healthy. Not true! I don't eat healthy and I don't exercise. That all changes today!

When people look at me they don't realize how much I struggle with physical activity. I tried to ride my bike on campus and couldn't go 1/4 mile without feeling like I was going to die. I feel so unhealthy and want to change that.

I will be leaving for Israel in a little over a month and while I'm there I will be hiking Masada. My goal is to not be the girl at the back of the pack, feeling like I'm going to die. I want to enjoy the amazing experiences I have in this country.

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just work hard and eat enough to fuel your body! When I first started biking last April, I was using it as a means to get to work after my husband's car died. I HAD to bike 5 miles a day and I thought I was going to DIE for the first two weeks. But after doing 5 miles 5 times a week and pushing past the pain, I started going faster and biking up the big hill and later on biking to work, then 2 miles in a completely different direction to go to a class at the gym before going home. I think towards the end I was doing 15-20 miles a day after 2 months. Before that, I would get winded going up three flights of stairs to my apartment. I was also very overweight and living on a junk food diet. So if I can do it, you can too!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of protein while building your hiking / biking endurance. ☺