Heart Rate Monitors

Options
kmoore02
kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
I think that I'm becoming obsessed with my HRM. Would I be over doing it if I wore my HRM during sex to capture those calories burned? I thought about it and thought maybe I would look kinda of goofy with this strap around my chest.

Replies

• dluechtefeld
    dluechtefeld Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's overdoing it...unless you're only having sex with yourself.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    LOLOL, not sexy at all!! LOL
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I wanna wear mine at work to see how many cals I burn during a normal work day....is that overdoing it too? LOL
  • Jacole18
    Options
    I say wear it one time and make sure the sound is ON, and when it starts beeping like crazy you know it's GOOD sex LMFAO!!!
    I think that I'm becoming obsessed with my HRM. Would I be over doing it if I wore my HRM during sex to capture those calories burned? I thought about it and thought maybe I would look kinda of goofy with this strap around my chest.
  • antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I actually wore it one time, and it lost signal with my watch. Didn't track the calories, but oh well. My wife laughed at me when I asked.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've thought about it, but I noticed before while doing pull ups that if it's less than a minute it doesn't keep it in the data files.
  • Jacole18
    Options
    LMAO!!!
    I've thought about it, but I noticed before while doing pull ups that if it's less than a minute it doesn't keep it in the data files.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Iv'e been wanting to wear it when I cut the grass and do yardwork but I keep forgetting.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do wear it when cutting grass but the sex has me really intrigued as to how many calories I burn. It may become my new favorite calorie burner!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I wanna wear mine at work to see how many cals I burn during a normal work day....is that overdoing it too? LOL
    Yes, and if your job is not a really active one it's quite pointless because they are designed to measure cardio and assume you are putting out a certain amount of effort. If you want to measure your TDEE with a device, get a BodyMedia Fit or bodybugg, or a FitBit or something similar. HRMs are for purposeful exercise (that can include yardwork and the like).
    I do wear it when cutting grass but the sex has me really intrigued as to how many calories I burn. It may become my new favorite calorie burner!
    It wasn't already??
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    i'd wear it once just to get an idea and use that as the default. i dunno about wearing it everytime. that kind f kills the spontaneity, "hang on while i go wet my chest strap baby :wink: "
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Overdoing it? Yes. But it would still be interesting to try once, just to see how many calories do get burnt.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    wear it,,,
    just don't turn on the lights,,,

lol, what if the monitor says slow down and your partner says speed up,,, haha
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I wore mine during sex a couple times :-) My boyfriend asked afterwards so how many calories did you burn lol
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Wore mine yesterday because my boyfriend & I were curious. Lol.