Smoking & Weight Gain --- UGH!!!

Options
Well, it's official. I've gained 20 lbs. since I quit smoking over a year ago. I am so frustrated! I've actually gained 5 lbs since I started this. I'm resetting my ticker. !

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing thing for your body and your life. You should be so proud. :smile:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration, I gained 13 pounds. It has been two years since I quit and I am still struggling to try and get the weight off. its like my metabolism has shut down and the weight just does not want to move.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    A year without smoking!!! You should be very proud of that. Way to go!!! Don't get discouraged, your body will adjust. I quit last year too and now I'm dumping weight with the help of MFP. Stay the course my friend. You will do it ... be proud of your smoke free accomplishment.

DIDITBIG01-2T.jpg
  • BetIAm
    BetIAm Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on the quitting smoking....speaking from a cancer surviror......it is much
    easier to lose 20 lbs (relatively speaking) than to fight cancer.....keep trying and
    good luck!!!!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i started this site, then quit, and so far, i havent gained and im still losing so Good luck to you, MFP can help you lose the weight!

PS - I chew gum instead of snacking....
  • raemelyn
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I, too, quit smoking about 7 months ago. I have regained the 30 pounds I had lost plus another 10. It isn't worth picking up a cigarette over but the weight is definately keeping me from living the life I really want. The toughest thing is that I do not have alot of support around me. I can do this on my own but it sure would help to have a fitness buddy for f2f support.

Hang in there..we can do this!!!!!!!

Namaste