I'm depressed and all I want to do is sleep. :(

I've been so depressed lately, not sure why. I'm taking a 50mg dosage of Zoloft, too.
I've been sleeping 16 hours a day... help..

How can I stop this?

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    I think a check in with the dr. that prescribed the meds. might be in order. Good luck.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    What are your meds for? Does it say it has any side effects?
  • Skitti
    Skitti Posts: 20
    For depression. The Zoloft was doing WONDERS until now! :(
    Now I am back to my old self. :'(
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Call your doctor.
  • AbzRocks
    AbzRocks Posts: 45
    I was on Zoloft and the same happened to me. I was changed to other medication and straight away felt so much better. Maybe you should speak to your GP about it.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Im sorry you are feeling this way hun. Maybe a review with your doctor for a different dosage? Has anything in your life changed? Any extra added stresses? How long have you been feeling low again? Dont forget that everyday is not going to be easy and you will have bad days and good days, however if you have been feeling low for a few weeks, definitely talk to your doctor. :smile:
    Hope you start to feel back to 'normal' soon.
    x
  • Skitti
    It's just been since I changed my dosage from 25mg to 50mg that I have been feeling absolutely awful again as I was BEFORE the Zoloft. :'(

Do I just go back to the 25mg dosage?

This depressed state is my "normal" because I don't like myself. I have been to therapy and currently have NO money left for it because I have been trying to fix it, I really have. Oh my...

I just... don't know what to do. Do I lower the Zoloft dosage again? She'll do that for me if I ask when I go back in.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Hi. Maybe the sideeffects started all over since you upper the doze? It happened to me. It took a while for it to level. As others in here say, talk to your doctor. Maybe she knows. Why did you upper the doze. Did Zoloft stop to work? Then you have no choice then to raise the doze. Or at least try. Give it some more time and see if it goes away. And as one said, is there something different in your life? I had to try to work, I worked for 2 1/2 hour, 4 days at week- and I was a zombie!!!! It doesn´t have to be big changes. Hope you will be better!
  • Skitti
    Thanks for all answers. I'll see my doctor again soon.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    If therapy has been helpful but money is an issue, there are many places that offer reduced-cost or sliding scale fees for mental health services. www.nami.org might be a good place to start your search.
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    It's just been since I changed my dosage from 25mg to 50mg that I have been feeling absolutely awful again as I was BEFORE the Zoloft. :'(

Do I just go back to the 25mg dosage?

This depressed state is my "normal" because I don't like myself. I have been to therapy and currently have NO money left for it because I have been trying to fix it, I really have. Oh my...

I just... don't know what to do. Do I lower the Zoloft dosage again? She'll do that for me if I ask when I go back in.

It could be the side effects then =/ Go to your GP and have a word with her and see what she says. :smile:
  • I suffer from depression too. Remeber this is just like any other medical condishion. see your dr you know your body best and if you dont feel right tell them and they will help! and if they dont see another dr. in the mean time rest and relax.
  • Whatever you do, don't change the dosage of your meds yourself. It may be that the higher dose is too much for your body to handle; and therefore brings on these additional side effects. I know it's so tempting to just revert back to your old dosage but you really need to speak to your doctor, she may want to look at other medication options as well as lowering your dose.

Sometimes our bodies just hit a wall when it comes to medications, unfortunately :(

I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Meds may help but you should cure yourself, you should study about your depression. Your goal must be well without meds. You are more powerful than you think, so when you wanna sleep, just sleep. Dont think ''why I'm feeling sleepy again''. When your sleeping is over- after 16 hours- than ride a bike, run or watch all of the episodes of a tv show. When you think something negative, force yourself witout meds.

I've a pharmacy but I dont believe in meds especially in depression. Just go outside and run, walk, come back home at night.
  • lkblazek
    lkblazek Posts: 36
    So many things to say, I'll keep it short. Talk to your doctor. Personally speaking, I'm on two antidepressants. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the one that works best and find the correct dosage. Your doctor can help with that. How are you sleeping? May sound like a silly question since you want to sleep all the time, but if you have obstructive sleep apnea (as I do). Your sleep quality suffers. I went from sleeping 12-14 hours a day (and couldn't wait to go back to bed0) to sleeping 4-8 hours a day (usually) and feel much better. For what it's worth I also notice if I don't get enough protein I feel very tired. Good luck and please, please, please go talk to your doctor.
  • Hi. I was the same way for a long time until a week ago I started doing natural remidies. I take 2 ounces of aloe vera juice with my orange juice in the morning and add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with it. Then I add flax seeds to my foo d at lunch. So far in a week get up and have energy for the day. I also do 2 more ounces of the aloe vera juice with lunch. My doctor had me on trazadone but I have stopped taking it and I feel great and have energy and am a lot happier.
  • Oops. But I did let my doctor know and she was glad that I was able to drop the pills. I really hope this helps.
  • Dont change your meds without speaking to your doctor. I read somewhere recently that when you are depressed it is like an infection and the brain tell s the body to slow down and go somewhere quiet to heal. Which is why you could be sleeping but you really need to go back to the docs, good luck and hope you get better.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Speak to your doctor. She might actually try increasing your medicine, switching it or adding a second to help you.

I used to take as much as 100mg. of Zoloft, but I don't recommend making ANY changes without your doctor's approval.

Also, I've found that forcing myself to exercise (at least moderate cardio) even when I don't actually makes me feel better. Your body makes endorphins when you exercise, which are like natural opiates for the body that make you feel happy and relaxed. It's sometimes called "Runner's High"

Good luck in getting your depression under control!