Sugar?

Options
Does anyone have any advice on sugar? I was looking at my sugar goal and what I had eaten today, and I was surprised that I was already over my goal for the day. I did have some sugar in my coffee and on my grapefruit, but all the other sugars came from the yogurt, blueberries and the grapefruit that I ate. I'm wondering if I shouldn't worry about it too much, since I'm mostly getting them from healthy sources, or if I should really focus on staying within 32 g (my goal). I'm not diabetic, and have always had good blood sugar, even when pregnant (gotta love that stuff they make you drink). Thanks!

Replies

• all54
    all54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good question, i eat 2 appels and im over!!! Interested to know the answer
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Unless you trying to do low carb/keto I don't think a little sugar is gonna derail anything. I set mine to 100 g total in customization- most of that from comes from fruit and milk. I do find that when I limit sugar(and carbs in general) it helps keep my appetite under control.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice on sugar? I was looking at my sugar goal and what I had eaten today, and I was surprised that I was already over my goal for the day. I did have some sugar in my coffee and on my grapefruit, but all the other sugars came from the yogurt, blueberries and the grapefruit that I ate. I'm wondering if I shouldn't worry about it too much, since I'm mostly getting them from healthy sources, or if I should really focus on staying within 32 g (my goal). I'm not diabetic, and have always had good blood sugar, even when pregnant (gotta love that stuff they make you drink). Thanks!

I'm on Keto, and my intake is 10g of net carbs. When I first started, I was shocked at all the food that had sugar. Milk (low fat is the worst), mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, soy sauce... almost everything. So I tip-toe around those foods, do a lot of label reading and nutritional google-ing. See my diary if you wish. And, I'm not a diabetic either, it was just my choice. :smile:
  • Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    Options
    Personally, I use Splenda or Stevia for my sugar substitute. You're able to find them in your everday stores, such as Walmart, Kroger, etc.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I generally ignore sugars from fruits and other natural foods. I DO pay attention to sugars from sweets, etc. , but overall I don't worry about sugars at all. If you are eating the right foods, it shouldn't really matter.