Tracey Anderson??

Options
Does anyone do her workouts? I have skinny friends who love her for helping them tone up but I need something that will help me lose the fat? i am now a runner and she says running makes your butt get bigger. I am already a girl with a big ole' booty...Is this true????

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I heard she's one of the worst Trainers. She said "no women should lift more than 3 lbs" (I lift from 35-70 lbs & I don't have a manly body so that one is very false, sorry). She is Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer but look at what she did to Gwyneth's body. Gwyneth was diagnosed with osteopenia or brittle bones at just 37 years old! Weight lifting strengthens our bones but those 3 lb miniature dumbbells just won't do that.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    I've seen her infomercial (way too much late night television) and, though my perspective on female-focused workouts is obviously going to be different, her commercial looks like it's more fashion than function. That doesn't answer your question, but a face value, I wouldn't think this would be the set of videos that someone really looking to, and willing to work hard would gravitate to.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I heard she's one of the worst Trainers. She said "no women should lift more than 3 lbs" (I lift from 35-70 lbs & I don't have a manly body so that one is very false, sorry). She is Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer but look at what she did to Gwyneth's body. Gwyneth was diagnosed with osteopenia or brittle bones at just 37 years old! Weight lifting strengthens our bones but those 3 lb miniature dumbbells just won't do that.

This^^^^^ So much this^^^^
  • zazzyrenee
    zazzyrenee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Actually, she didn't say women should not lift over 3 lbs. It is for her specific exercises you should not lift over 3 lbs. And there are a lot of factors that contribute to osteopenia and although regular weight resistance is one (3 lbs is enough), diet is a much bigger factor, family history, history of smoking, calcium and vitamin D supplementation and you can have a underlying medical condition that will contribute to osteoporosis without knowing it, for example hyperthyroidism.

I have looked at what she did to Gwyneth's body....look at her legs and behind in Ironman 2 premiere, very nice.

Your heavy weights are great too. Whatever works for you.
  • zazzyrenee
    zazzyrenee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you want to try some of Tracey Anderson's workouts, go to youtube. I found a few of her videos, one is for arms, one is for butt, one is for abs - each is about 10 minutes or so long. I have done her arms video several times. While I am doing the workout it seems like it is not really a workout except for my shoulders which start to burn because you literally have your arms raised for most of the 10 minutes. The thing that I liked about this workout is that the next day I feel the muscle all the way up into my armpit at its insertion as sore. Most of the time lifting regular heavy weights it is the bulk of the muscle that feels sore. So it is different. I also felt that these videos kinda suck your body mass in and make you tighter. Fat loss I believe is not so much an exercise equation as it is a diet equation.