Mini Goals or Big Goals ?

Options
Is it easier to get results with mini goals or are big goals better ?

For me i think it's better to hit the target with lots of mini goals, i also find them easier to defend, but am i right ?

Anyway with mini goals in mind, this is the week i am going to break through the 78kg barrier. After a few weeks of rising and falling between 78 and 80. This is the week i will finally do it !

Replies

• wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I find that small rewards with the ocassional big reward for milestones really works for me.
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used to use big goals for targets. This time around, I am trying smaller goals. I have little ones, my first goal and then my overall goal. I think I get more excited when I reach a small goal which keeps me going instead of just throwing in the towel.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have 10 pound mini goals from my starting weight when i joined mfp. That is what I focus on.
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    Mini goals work better for me. They give me a sense of accomplishment. Whereas bigger goals sometimes get me frustrated and off course if I don't reach them as fast as I want to.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do small mini goals with big goals in mind.
  • KeriLoy
    KeriLoy Posts: 23
    Options
    Big goals with mini goals and milestones are the way for this girl!
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I did both. I have a big goal in mind, but work on achieving the little goals first. Losing 25 pounds sounds like way too much to me, but when I broke it down into 5 pound increments, I felt like I was making loads of progress.
    But you have to do what works best for you!
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I have a main, big goal but I often feel overwhelmed when I think about it because I need to lost about 60lbs, and that seems like a lot to me. So I break it down to 10lb mini goals, then it doesn't seem so daunting. But I am always aware of the final goal. I just reassure myself that it doesn't need to be scary, if that makes sense!