Options
Hi everyone,
I just joined this website and am looking forward to connecting with new people on this journey of weight loss. I have 100 pounds to lose. It seems daunting but I am going to take it one step at a time. Today I set up my goals and have starting tracking my food and water. I am a woman who wants to achieve my goals no matter what has happened in the past. Is there anyone out there who needs to lose this amount of weight? Maybe we can be buddies on the journey.
Have a great day.
dc:smile:

Replies

• avoivedich
    Options
    Hi! I like a lot of people on this site have always been big. Blame it on bad genetics, bad parenting, or the american tradition of fast food. In 2009 i managed to lose about 80 pounds (i was 300 at the time). i could pull my pants up to my armpits they were so big after that weight loss. i kept 2 pair of pants in the back of my closet from that time to remind myself that i never wanted to be that big again. Two days ago i had to put a pair of those pants back on to go to work because i popped a button on my last pair of non stretchy pants... That did it. Lets loose some weight.
  • AuntieDEC
    AuntieDEC Posts: 7
    Options
    I am up for it! I need to stay motiviated. I completed one day of sticking to my plan (havent done this in a long time). Here's to day two! Have a great day and let's keep going for the prize!
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have managed to lose close to 30 pounds on my own. Just joined MFP a week ago and have 70 more to go!! One can never have enough support. I sent you a friend request. MFP helps you realize all you are not doing correctly. I have learned in the 1st week to eat all my calories..
  • AuntieDEC
    Options
    Good morning!
    It's great to see the support of everyone. I've made it to day 3 of following my food plan. It's hard at times. Yesterday we had all kinds of treats at the office. I found a package of emerald almonds and walnuts on the table and some strawberries. I chose that option. I have been tracking all my foods - very helpful. Here's to day 3!!!!
    Blessings on your day.
    dc:flowerforyou:
  • AuntieDEC
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Yesterday I went over my calorie allotment for the day by around 800 calories. I was sooooooooooooooo hungry. The 800 extra calories were healthy choices and not fast or junk food. Besides losing weight I am commited to not beating myself up when I do this. I see my doctor today and I am going to ask her how many calories I should consume a day to lose weight.

I am proud of myself for two things:
    I'm not beating myself up
    I'm tracking all my food

Have a great day!
    dc:glasses:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I started this journey thinking i needed to lose a hundred pounds. I have lost over 70 so far, and i think i still have 30-40 to go. Once you commit yourself and jump in, it goes by really quickly. Good luck, and welcome!
  • AuntieDEC
    Options
    Thanks for the support. It's good to hear from someone who's goal is to lose 100 pounds and is successfully on the journey. I also need to lose 100.
  • Xenastrah
    Xenastrah Posts: 36
    Options
    I started my journey with my first goal being 115lbs, so far so good! You can do this! :o)
  • pharmmom64
    pharmmom64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been on MFP for about 3 weeks. I am also participating in a weight management class through my employer. I too have a lot to lose. I am trying to approach it one small goal at a time. I lost about 15 pounds on my own before starting with the programs. I would still like to lose 60 to 70 more pounds. Right now i am working for the next 10. I will be happy to have support on this journey as well as offer support. I am determined to learn a healthy way of life to lose the weight. Lets do this. I'll send you a friend request shortly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!