Advice please

Options
Perhaps I'm wrong - but I've decided to use this to record what I eat and aim to lose 1/2lb per week by making changes gradually that I can keep going for life. After having my first child 17 1/2 years ago I gained 28lb. I lost most of this when he was about 2 - but regained again gradually over a series of miscarriages. Then son number 2 was born - and over the years that followed I gained another 7lb. About 3 years back I lost 16lb - but have gradually put all but one of these back on.

For me the key is finding time for exersise - and motivation after a gruelling 13 hour day. But at 50 and at risk of diabetes I must find a way. I've got 36lb to lose... which at 1/2 lb a week will take 1 1/2 years - but if the system is sutainable then hopefully it will not go back on again.I've always been active when there is time - our family holidays involve climbing mountains and cycling a lot.

Does that sound sensible? I've spent the last 5 months as a member of WW - but the pro-points system is not very easy to use and rather complicated. I've been impressed by how simple it is on this one to record food consumed.

Replies

• charliecat39
    Options
    Hello Fiona. It sounds like you have a good plan there. A steady weight loss is meant to be far better/healthier than a fast fix. I am aiming to loose about half a pound a week, and I have about 1500 calories a day plus any extra I get from exercise.

I find I have loads to eat and feel good and it keeps me motivated. When I first started, I was eating 1200 like MFP said and I found that I was hungry and it was very limiting when I was out and about. 1500 is a far more sustainable amount.

I like this way better as I can eat absolutely anything I want as long as its within calories. I do normally stick to healthier food, but its good to know you can eat whatever.... as soon as I say I can't have something, I want it even more!

Good luck for your weight loss

Suzanne