Emotional Eating.

Options
Hey everyone!!
How do you guys kick emotional eating?
My pattern is usually that I'm good most of the day, sometimes I get killer cravings in the mid-afternoon slump (3 or 4pm) but coconut water usually gets me through that. At night though, I seem to lose my mind and want to just binge on whatever I'm craving and it usually happens!
One little upset in my mood and I feel like I can no longer control myself.
Help me, please? :( Or I will never lose the last 5lbs and will continuously be in a viscious cycle of binging and self-loathing :(

Replies

• SSSLLLX3
    SSSLLLX3 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm the same. I'm usually good during the day, and at night I just feel like relaxing and stop pressuring myself. Weekends are usually also quite bad, as I find myself eating out of boredom. I want to lose 15 lbs, but every time I lose a few pounds, I end up binging at the end of the week.
    I find that when those cravings come, it's best to stop and analyze the situation. Like 'will that really satisfy me? i know i will end up feeling like crap afterwards'. it's also important to try to cope in another way instead of reaching for food. i know it's easier said than done :) i've been working hard on that, but it's definitely not easy, but worth it!
    All the best. I hope that we can both reach our goals :)