Need suggestions for snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of 100 calorie snack packs...proabably not the healthiest snacks but I know if I deny myself I will not stay on track. I make it work in with my goals for the day,

I love the baked cheetos, pretzels, cheez-its, kellogs crisps, pop tart minis (all 100 calorie snack packs)

I also get the Emerald Coca Almonds 100 calorie packs

The Breakfast on the Go 200 calorie packs. This one is like trail mix from Emerald.

I love the sugar free Jello Pudding...especially the DeLeuce, and the chocolate and vanilla swirl.

Sugar free popsicles, Blue Bell Fruit bars (strawberry, lime, coconut, peach), Blue Bunny Fudge delites (35 calories)

I love my watermelon, apples and oranges too.

I even found some Little Debbe Peanut Butter bars for 100 calories. Its that sweet treat you have to have sometimes.

Those 90 calorie Fibre One Brownies are good too.

When I have enough calories left, I make my after supper snack, Nutella and low fat graham crackers. YUM!

I am from Louisiana too....you know we like our food!

Yes mammam

I do love fried foods and junk, but they do me harm. I just can't eat those things anymore. I'm shocked at how much I love fruit and veggies now. Love my veggies steamed or grilled. Don't add butter or anything, maybe little salt.
    I thought about 100 calorie snacks, but I'm trying to stay away from those things. I do love white fudge pretzels, yum.

I'm gonna have to try the cocoa almonds, that sounds good.
  • hooperkay
    Options
    1200 or less? What ya gonna do the rest of your life (after you reach your goal), stay at that level?
    How's your energy level? Don't you wish you could eat normal food and loose weight?

YOU CAN!!!

Go check out the group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS

Here's a blog by one of it's members to condense it for you and give you some links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

Eating is a good thing!

i totally agree, eating is a great thing. For me my problem was/is the way I eat. I have a tendency to go all day without eating. This was before I decided I needed to lose this extra weight. I got married had twins, put myself through nursing school, graduated, had two more kids, then started working 12 hour shifts at night. I had many factors to my weight gain. I went from active in sports to no physical activity. 18 years later 72 lbs. extra; crap. I'm really not hungry I eat more than did before, just better choices. I follow MFP recommendations for caloric intake. I want to lose 2+lbs a week and I have following their suggestions. After I get to my goal, I will then increase calories based on my activity.

Since I started counting calories I have started playing softball and tennis again. I have tons of energy. I am going to read your blog.

ty
  • hooperkay
    Options
    Eggs
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Beef jerky
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese sticks
    Laughing cow cheese/ crackers

Lol beef jerky... guy food.

laughing cow rocks,,, also baybel
  • izzy2224
    izzy2224 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs with a little bit of low cal dressing...I find Newman's light honey mustard to go well.
  • hooperkay
    Options
    I love to find the 100 calorie snacks. They really help me with the portion control. Have been able to find nuts, crackers, cheese. Just learning about making smoothies. There are some really great combinations of low fat yogurt with frozen or fresh fruit and just a tiny bit of instant sf jello powder (for smoothness). Add some crushed ice, whirl in a blender or bullet and wow what a yummy snack. You are doing so well with your food choices.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Haven't added jello powder. I'm gonna have to try that. I love strawberry, banana, and pinapple smoothies. yum.
  • hooperkay
    Options
    My favourite snacks are:
    String cheese
    Veg and Dip (Sugar snap peas, I love you!)
    Black beans with Salsa (low sugar or sugar free)
    Yogurt with Agave
    Roasted chickpeas with salt and pepper
    Occasionally a sugar free pot of Jelly

Usually I'll combine two of these, or have one snack a day with a glass of milk.

what's agave??
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    love to get jif to go individual cups and eiter dip carrots or apple slices it. yum!!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ryvita with Marmite.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 or less as well, it is tight. There are lots of great suggestions so far. I like:
    Yorgurt.
    A banana
    pop chips ( i try not to eat a lot of over proccessed foods but these are so satisfying I can't give them up.)
    edamame beans ( I get them frozen in 100 cal snack packs. Microwave and add soy sauce- filling)
    Turkey with a dash of honey-mustard
    Organic pasture raised eggs ( expensive but flavorful ...I make a low cal deveiled egg using greek yogurt)
    reduced fat wheat-Thins
    Hot tea, water, chicken broth or vegatable broth.
    Non fat cottage cheese with canned mandarin oranges ( a larger portion is calle Lunch)
    my mother swears by low fat cool whip and berries... a nice treat if you aren't offended by "industrial food."
    Quinoa with soy sauce and edamame.
    HAPPY MUNCHING.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i like trader joe's freeze dried fruits.. banana and mango especially--blueberry not at all,, strawberry=eh.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Nuts, like almonds, walnuts, shelled pistachios, pumpkin seeds (not nuts, but similar), cashews, etc, are all great snacks. They're filling, take awhile to eat, and are super healthy if you stay within your calorie goals.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Nuts, like almonds, walnuts, shelled pistachios, pumpkin seeds (not nuts, but similar), cashews, etc, are all great snacks. They're filling, take awhile to eat, and are super healthy if you stay within your calorie goals.
    you know I can't 'snack' on nuts. i want handfuls and handfuls and in that quantity, they're not gonna keep me within my calorie goal...
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fruits are my fave snacks!
    Steamed veggies are pretty good too
    Oats
    Homemade granola bars
    Chickpeas (cook them with spices and lemon juice)
    Salad
    Yogurt
  • smashleyduke
    Options
    Me and my mom love to have an egg when we get low on energy, or get headaches because this is usually a sign that you do not have enough protein in your body!