76lbs- this is kind of amazing!

Options
KF1216
KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
On my wedding day in 2007 I was 160-165lbs. Here I am on my honeymoon:
DSCN1475.jpg

After that, I got pregnant, had two miscarriages (gaining 10+lbs each time) then had two babies in two years. Right before #2 was born I topped the scale at 250lbs:
250.jpg

I lost some of my baby weight but was still up to 211 this January when I decided I wanted my body back. I have logged into MFP every day since then (well, ok I missed one day because my entire family had the stomach flu!) and have lost nearly 35lbs (75lbs from right before delivering my son, who, granted weighed 10lbs, but still!). I have 15ish to go to meet my goal of 160lbs but when I tried on my honeymoon dress today it fit and I feel like other than my newly acquired mom-belly my body looks nearly the same as it did 5 years ago!
IMG_4954.jpg

side by side, 2007 and today:
weightloss3.jpg

and I just happened to have a pic from my honeymoon of a real shot nearly the same as when I was fishing today. I almost think my rear looks better today than it did then, though you can tell my waist is a bit slimmer before, it definatly still needs work)
weightloss2.jpg

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Wow...good for you! You really look wonderful....congrats!
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • lincolnmandu
    lincolnmandu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great and healthy. What kind of exercise and eating are you doing?
  • chaitea333
    Options
    It's not kind of amazing, it's outrageously amazing! :D
    Seriously though, Congratulations on losing so much weight!
    and you look really good in that dress :)
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Great great story! Your amazing efforts have paid off! Congrats!
  • ayyitsashley
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! Such an inspiration. What have you been doing to lose all of it?
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    you are B E A U T I F U L!! what an accomplishment. i look forward to the day that i too can post such success. you have to feel fabulous...not only on the outside but on the inside. thank you, thank you, thank you for posting and being my motivation today.
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your great success!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up! I also had 2 kids in 2 years. Myn are 19 months apart.
  • kholmes325
    kholmes325 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are FABULOUS!
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome job!!! Go you!
  • KF1216
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up! I also had 2 kids in 2 years. Myn are 19 months apart.

thanks:) mien are 19m too!! It was madness at the beginning but it just starting to get fun!! My son turns 2 in August and my daughter is 3.5yrs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love the before/ after/ after progression. Even the same pose.
  • KF1216
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

As for what I've been doing, I have found a love in running and run 2-4miles 2-3 times a week. I bought a double joggin stroller and have been able to jog with the kids too, which is awesome!! I also take them on long walks in the jogger so that burns a lot of calories. I mix in some workout videos - 30 day shred, some Insanity here and there, Biggest Loser Boot Camp - but honestly in the last month or so I've pretty much just been walking or running. I workout 5-7 days a week and even on rest days I tend to go for a walk or something, I feel too lazy to do nothing, plus then I only have 1200 calories to play with and that's rarely enough!

And food - I try to stay under my goal (which is 1200 now) but I end up going over on a very regular basis. I'm usually somewhere around 1200-1500 calories over per week. I don't limit myself on any types of food, I've had a hal a dozen ice cream sundaes already this summer! I try to stick to 300/400/500 - breakfast, lunch, dinner and then use my exercise calories to gain snacks or larger meals. i'm horrible with sticking to my limits on sugar/fat/sodium, etc. I tend to go way over on sodium, protein and sugar. I drink tons of water (I love water anyway so it's not hard) and cook most of my own meals, we don't eat out a whole lot. I track everything (even when I have a splurge day, I feel too guilty to not log).

I'm a stay at home mom so I have the flexibility and free time to achieve my goals, so it's kind of an unfair advantage - but I think what I've done it's that special or even that difficult and if you have the right mindset, anyone can do it:)
  • steamingcoffee
    steamingcoffee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! All of your hardwork shows, and congratulations!
  • KF1216
    Options
    Nice! I love the before/ after/ after progression. Even the same pose.

yeah...I'm super dorky! LOL, it's naptime and I don't feel like cleaning the house, so I played dress-up instead ;-)
  • jvelasquez28
    jvelasquez28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Nice job. It's great motivation.
  • xxcarleighxx
    Options
    Great JOB!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :-)
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!