I finally did it...

Options
203MrsB
203MrsB Posts: 18 Member
Since having my daughter 15 months ago, I am 100lbs lighter.

It is so weird to think I still feel like I have a million pounds to go!
My dilemma is I am 5'9 and have large frame. Every week with my trainer I check my body fat and I am at 30% which is in the normal range.

My goal weight is 180-185. Not even in the BMI healthy range. Is anyone else in the same boat, I feel like at 169 I would be so thin. At my lowest before my son and doing WW, I was 195 the smallest and a size 8 and loving it. It just makes me feel defeated because of the BMI labeling me.

However 100lbs is a lot to be proud of. :)

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The body fat is a long way down the road, live for each day in calories & exercise.
    Don't check every week, let yourself be suprised when you get there?
  • 203MrsB
    Options
    It is something my trainer does. After weight in he does that. I think it is because he doesn't want people to focus on the scale and realize your body fat can still go down. He said especially his female clients they are so focused on the number on the scale and not seeing the big picture. Especially with kettle bell, it is a lot of strength training and you build muscle.
  • julibug22
    julibug22 Posts: 3
    Options
    How tall are you? If you're shorter, like only 5 feet, then weighing 195 is still carrying a lot of weight around, probably. But if you're taller, 195 might be just fine. You really have to go by what feels right for you and see how it goes with more time. But CONGRATS anyway, you should be so proud of yourself!
  • 203MrsB
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have a larger frame. If I got to a lean and toned 185-180 of probably be very happy!
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 and weigh 164.5. I don't think that is thin at all. I would like to get down to the 140s....or less.
  • 203MrsB
    Options
    Well not to be snarky but less then the 140s is under weight. However many models are and maybe you shave a body like that. I unfortunately don't. Best of luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!