Insanity half measures?

Options
Hi folks, I am a British Newbie to MFP (please be nice!) but have got addicted in a short space of time! I have been reading the posts re Insanity with interest then this morning I was drifting round the car boot sale and a boxed set was on sale for £30 so I bartered down to £25 and am now a proud owner - don't think it's a copy. Anyway, I am just 50, 5' 6" have 50lb to lose (5 down already) and am happily doing a mixture of cardio and light weights including swimming, cycling, zumba, gym but really want to give Insanity a bash. I thought it would be a good idea to "prepare" for a couple of weeks before I start on the Insanity programme. Problem is we go on hols to Florida in early August for 3 weeks so I was thinking of doing month 1 during July then repeating the whole thing from scratch when I come back from meeting the mouse. Would it be worth it? Thoughts please and would love to make some supportive friends. Thanks

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I think so, you sound like you are already in good shape with the activities you do. Its a great challenging workout even if you do it for a month. No set rules! pick up where you left when you get back from holiday!

BTW that was a bargain! well done you! i need to go to more carboot sales!

oh forgot to say, im currently doing insanity. on day 23 and love it!
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Its very much worth it, I did the first 5 weeks and am now taking a break to hit the weights and run again then I will repeat the last 2 weeks and hit the final 4 weeks after summer. Any cardio is going to be positive , before insanity i could barely run a mile now I'm doing 3.5 to 4 just from increasing my cardio capacity. good luck
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good idea!

I had to start over 2 weeks in because my boyfriend (mate) had an injury and we were doing it as a team. But we just started over and loved it!

I don't think it matters if you have to stop as long as you start over. However, I recommend checking the beachbody or Insanity website to make sure you have the schedule and all of the necessary dvds; to get the full benefits of the workouts for max results.

Have fun and good luck!