The Movers & The Shakers - Week 3

Options
Good Morning Everyone! :smile:

Hope you all had a great weekend! As you know, it is Monday morning, so it is time for a new challenge. I was thinking of it being no late night snacking. Anyone else have any ideas (remember, this week is a food challenge) or does this sound alright?

Also, please let me know your results of last week's challenge, if you haven't already, so that they can make it into the chart!

Thanks! :bigsmile:
:flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

Replies

• countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That one should be easy for me I don't really snack too much anyway! But next week maybe a toughy so that's alright we can stick with no late night snacking!

I got my walk in 6 days this week so I kept and exceeded the goal! Hope everyone else did just as well!

Good luck this week everybody and WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm good with the no late night snacking challenge, although I think we need to define exactly that means (i.e. no eating 2 hrs before bed?). This will be a challenge for me since I have a long commute and usually work out before coming home for dinner. So I usually eat late. But this could be a good experiment for me:happy:

Last week's results (I thought the challenge was 2 miles 5 times per week.. oops:blushing: ) I've included running as walking.

Mon - 15 km
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 6 km
    Thurs - 3.2 km
    Fri - 3.2 km
    Sat - 0
    Sun - 3.2 km
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Okay, so official challenge:

WEEK 3: No late night snacking (within 2 hours of going to bed)

I know that some people do not get home until late, and eating their meal before bed is somewhat unavoidable. This is basically the snacking that you do, because you feel like it, or are bored before bedtime.

I know that I am usually quite bad for this. I like to have a little something to eat after supper, and now I will just have to make sure that I have it earlier in the evening as oppossed to 1/2 hr before bed.

Good Luck to everyone!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Truthfully snacking before bedtime has never been a problem. I eat dinner around 6 or 7, get the kids ready for bed and then do my p90x exercise of the day so by then its after 9 sometimes closer to 10 and then I am so tired food is the last thing on my mind. The hardest part of the day is around 3 or 4 in the afternoon thats when I tend to snack and most days fruit will do the trick but there are those days when I am raiding my kids snack cabinet, I could use help with that.:sad:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I normally eat around 7pm and workout around 8pm, take a shower, play on the computer then go to bed by 11pm. So, that should not be a problem.
    I did workout 7 days last week. I also ate very clean all week.
    I went to the doctor today and asked if I had lost any weight and she said that I was the same. At least I did not gain. :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It's not too often I snack late... Every now and then, but not usually. When I do, it's usually chocolate. Actually, last night I had some. But, it was the last quarter of a Hersheys bar that I opened two weeks ago. I'm thankful that a little piece is enough to satisfy me usually.

Dargh! Now that I read the challenge, I want something to eat :sad: :sad: :sad: Why oh Why?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    It's not too often I snack late... Every now and then, but not usually. When I do, it's usually chocolate. Actually, last night I had some. But, it was the last quarter of a Hersheys bar that I opened two weeks ago. I'm thankful that a little piece is enough to satisfy me usually.

Dargh! Now that I read the challenge, I want something to eat :sad: :sad: :sad: Why oh Why?

Walk away from the food. Find something to keep your mind off it. Drink a large glass of water. You can do it. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    I found the same thing last night :laugh: Quite often I want a late night snack, however, I am able to resist. But, last night! ugh! The craving was awful! It must have been because I knew I couldn't have it. So.... I tried to resist temptation for quite a while and then I caved. But, I still passed the challenge, as I ended up not going to bed until 3 hours later :wink:

Hope tonight is better. I think I will make sure to eat a more filling supper tonight.

Good luck to everyone! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic, but did you all know that a mocha BK Joe at burger king has almost 400 calories? I was supposed to go out to lunch with a friend while my son was in drivers ed, so I didn't eat my snack that I normally would have. She wasn't able to go, so I figured I'd just wait until I got home to eat, easier and I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth, if you know what I mean. But hunger got the best of me. I was thinking about how yesterday I wasn't so hungry since I had coffee at work, so I thought maybe I'd have a coffee to tide me over instead of food. I got home and plugged that iced coffee in, and holey moley, it was alot more than I expected.

Thank goodness I did c25k today, so I had some extra throwaway calories:drinker: (look at me chugging my coffee)
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good Morning!

How's everyone doing with their late night snacking? I am doing very well, except for last night. I had a bad pulled muscle in my neck so I had to take muscle relaxers before bed. But, they always make my stomach upset, so I had 1/2 a piece of toast with it. I didn't want to break the late night snacking challenge for myself, but I basically had to or else I would have been sick. :sick: Oh well, I can move today, so it was worth it! :smile:

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I should have never ever said I never late night snack, because I did last night! my fella and I ate at at a friends house last night, and I did very well with dinner, we had boneless ribs, which I only ate two of, and green beans (with no hambone!!), and baked potato, that I went VERY light with the butter and sour cream on. Drank water with my meal since her only options were coke or diet coke. I had about 400 calories left after supper, that I just was not gonna eat....wel then she pulls out dessert! Ice Box lemon pie, brownie cheesecake, AND brownie cookies! and of course i just did NOT have the will power or ability to say NO to any of it, so I had a very very tiny piece of each!!!! I thought the tiny pieces of each would stay within my calories, but the cheesecake brownies and the brownie cookies were NOT the calorie counter thingy on here so I really have no clue! And even if I DID stay within the calories, I have felt yucky on my stomache all morning from eating it! I'm sure its cause I haven't had anything "sweet" in a while but I just feel like yuck even still from it! No more sweets for me!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good Morning!

How's everyone doing with their late night snacking? I am doing very well, except for last night. I had a bad pulled muscle in my neck so I had to take muscle relaxers before bed. But, they always make my stomach upset, so I had 1/2 a piece of toast with it. I didn't want to break the late night snacking challenge for myself, but I basically had to or else I would have been sick. :sick: Oh well, I can move today, so it was worth it! :smile:

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

I would say that does not count, since you had to eat something to take your pill. 1/2 piece of toast is not going to hurt you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I should have never ever said I never late night snack, because I did last night! my fella and I ate at at a friends house last night, and I did very well with dinner, we had boneless ribs, which I only ate two of, and green beans (with no hambone!!), and baked potato, that I went VERY light with the butter and sour cream on. Drank water with my meal since her only options were coke or diet coke. I had about 400 calories left after supper, that I just was not gonna eat....wel then she pulls out dessert! Ice Box lemon pie, brownie cheesecake, AND brownie cookies! and of course i just did NOT have the will power or ability to say NO to any of it, so I had a very very tiny piece of each!!!! I thought the tiny pieces of each would stay within my calories, but the cheesecake brownies and the brownie cookies were NOT the calorie counter thingy on here so I really have no clue! And even if I DID stay within the calories, I have felt yucky on my stomache all morning from eating it! I'm sure its cause I haven't had anything "sweet" in a while but I just feel like yuck even still from it! No more sweets for me!

At least you ate them in moderation. That is hard in itself, so good for you. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Sorry it took so long to get last week's results in, but here they are:

week2.jpg

I hope I got everyone's correct

chrissyh, cellorocker and ssvoboda2 - I did not get your results for the week

pettmybunny and countindowntothin - I wasn't sure exactly what days you went, I hope this is alright
  • sjmay
    Options
    Happy Friday Movers & Shakers!

Wishing you all a great weekend! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    sjmay, it looks great. Thanx for posting it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Yeah, it is Friday!!! Hope everyone has a great and wonderful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :smile: The results from last week look fine to me thanx for the post.
    Doing great so far this week no late night treats for me.
    last night dinner wasnt until 8 I hope that doesnt count
    Have a great weekend:smile:
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I disappeared, but I lost the thread. I don't remember what I thought it was called, and looked a few times, but didn't think I saw it.
    So now I know I can find my recent posts, using the 'my topics' button above. I should not lose you again.
    What is the challenge for the upcoming week?