I AM NOT A BREAKFAST EATER!!!

Options
My husband tells me ALL THE TIME the importance of eathing breakfast when dieting and working out, but I truly DON'T GET IT! I have never been a breakfast eater and I don't know if waking up hungry is something learned, but I just don't wake up and eat. I have never been able to get myself to eat breakfast and if I do, I simply do not want to eat again until well into the night. I meet all of my goals for calcium, vitamins and calories with lunch, dinner, and snacks in between! Please help, if I am meeting all my goals, and not going over, WHY is it so important that I eat it at 8 a.m??????

Nicole

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has no impact on weight loss.

Breakfast as the most important meal of the day is a myth.

Eat your calories when you want. It is the best way to stay at this lifestyle rather then to try to fit your life in a diet
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It's not. If you're meeting your goals, don't mess with it.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options

Eat your calories when you want. It is the best way to stay at this lifestyle rather then to try to fit your life in a diet

Ditto.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I always thought the reason everyone says breakfast is so important is because you've not eaten for 8-12 hours and it gives you the energy to start your day. I couldn't not eat breakfast personally as I get the shakes if I don't! But if you have the energy without eating breakfast then I say carry on as you are!
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There is one reason to eat breakfast. A good breakfast tends to decrease your hunger for the rest of the day. But, if you can work around it, who cares.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There is one reason to eat breakfast. A good breakfast tends to decrease your hunger for the rest of the day. But, if you can work around it, who cares.

Not true for everyone. Definitely not true for me.

I follow IF (intermittent fasting) every day so that my first meal is no earlier than 12:30. Works great for me, no energy issues. Occasionally if I feel hungry at breakfast (which is rare) I will eat a high-protein breakfast (NO carbs except from veggies).
  • chamilton911
    Options

Thank you! That is what I thought as well! It sure is nice to know there are people out there who agree with me, cause I was just doomed for failure if breakfast were truly that important!!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me ALL THE TIME the importance of eathing breakfast when dieting and working out, but I truly DON'T GET IT! I have never been a breakfast eater and I don't know if waking up hungry is something learned, but I just don't wake up and eat. I have never been able to get myself to eat breakfast and if I do, I simply do not want to eat again until well into the night. I meet all of my goals for calcium, vitamins and calories with lunch, dinner, and snacks in between! Please help, if I am meeting all my goals, and not going over, WHY is it so important that I eat it at 8 a.m??????

Nicole

The root of the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" dogma is due to epidemiology studies suggesting that people who skip breakfast tend to be more obese . However, data from RCT's is not so clear cut.

If you find your self pigging out at lunch, or late at night, or if you work out before lunch, you may want to consider trying to eat breakfast and see if it helps.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    Like other said, it's not a necessity. I have the strangest eating times & I don't usually eat lunch and I hit all my goals. If you're not hungry, don't worry :)
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i never ate breakfast my whole life till about 6 years ago when my boyfriend began forcing me to eat it with him lol im used to it now... also personally i feel that u should get into the habit just for if u someday have children it would help to teach them to eat breakfast seeing mommy do it .it's pretty vital for kids growing process.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Eat when you're hungry. Everyone is different. Do what works for YOU.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    chamilton911, send your husband to us. We'll straighten him out.

:wink: Do you. He can do what works for him.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast either. I'm just not hungry in the mornings. I sometimes force down an apple, that's about as far as I get.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Every human body is different. If they weren't there would be no DNA, no fingerprints, etc etc
    You don't like breakfast, you can't eat it, so don't.
    Sometimes the last thing i want is breakfast, sometimes it is the first.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just tell him your an intermittent faster.
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the breakfast thing....I have never been a breakfast eater and since I teach I'm never up in time for breakfast in the summer LOL....Once in a blue moon I will eat breakfast (it all depends on how much I starve myself the night before lol). I get crap to and I just look back and say "I've lost almost 72 pounds so obviously it's not hurting me that much" lol
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    same here.. just smelling all those food ppl eat for breakfast makes me gag.... eggs, pancakes, waffles, toats, sausages... :sick: BIG YUCK, hate those foods..

so, I never eat breakfast!
  • chamilton911
    Options
    i never ate breakfast my whole life till about 6 years ago when my boyfriend began forcing me to eat it with him lol im used to it now... also personally i feel that u should get into the habit just for if u someday have children it would help to teach them to eat breakfast seeing mommy do it .it's pretty vital for kids growing process.

tugers, I have two children and one is 4 months old and eats every two hours LOL the other eats breakfast every morning. I don't pig out at lunch or anything, I eat the same every day.. however, eating breakfast causes me not to be hungry until well into the night!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The only time I eat breakfast is when I have my kids and I cook for them. Otherwise my breakfast is at noon.
  • chamilton911
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast either. I'm just not hungry in the mornings. I sometimes force down an apple, that's about as far as I get.

Every once in a blue moon I can eat a banana HAHA but thats about as far as I get too!!