Healthy Snacks

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs (I just eat the whites because I don't like the yolks)
    greek yogurt
    string cheese
    all fruits....my go to seems to be frozen blueberries
    all veggies...go to is baby carrots
    regular yogurt ...doesn't have the protein punch that greek yogurt does but still not bad
    healthy protein shakes
    peanut butter
    nuts
  • slobkat
    slobkat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd second the twister ice lolly. You can get mini ones with 45 calories each which is fab because it really satisfies my sugar craving. There is also Walls mini milks which are bigger and have around 90ish calories and also a lot of calcium in them too. Unless you're in the UK I don't think you can get them though.
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have one by you but Trader Joes has "Just A Handful of Omega Trek Mix Individual Bags W/ Cranberries". They fill me up, are low in sodium and are packed with Omega 3 fatty acids. The serving size bags contain 170 calories.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=413
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something like chips.. I like flavored rice cakes. The BBQ is my favorite!

My 2 year old likes them too! He likes the cheddar.
  • aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    Check here for some fun and low cal snacks! http://learn2shine.blogspot.com/2012/03/tips-for-healthy-snack.html
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a feen for salty snacks, so I like cashews and almonds (esp the wasabi) ones. I am not too much of a sugar person, so findly salty, healthy is a little harder.
    Boiled eggs. (deviled, with mustard and paprika and cayanne pepper)
    laughing cow cheese and ritz crackers
    hummus with pita chips
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Light rice cakes. They don't do much for me, so I end up eating way too many. So instead I eat 1-2 with a little peanut butter on them :)
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, I buy fresh salsa, fat free cream cheese n kellogs cracker chips, I heat up 1 - 2 oz of cream cheese, only 30 cals per ounce, mix with 2 tablespoons of fresh salsa which is only 5 cals, then I have 65 cals of great dip to go with my chips, I stay away from nuts, cus to be honest you get a very small portion. I turn to eggbeaters, I also switched bread, I eat lite whole wheat hearth bread, only 35 cals per slice. If I make a cake, like my jello cake, I use sugar free jello, applesauce instead of oil, and eggbeaters instead pf eggs, of how much you can cut those cals. I really observe cals when I am out shopping, so look around, you might spot something good.
  • KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SPECIAL K BARS! My favorite are the fruit crisps.
  • paula1960
    paula1960 Posts: 3
    Options
    Water mellow and cantaloupe. I want a sweet I eat the 90 calorie brownie. Weight watchers cheese sticks. Just a few works for me.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I put white kidney beans or black beans in my protein shakes - every time. Also I use a lot of canned pumpkin. It's great mixed in yogurt, oatmeal, and shakes. The beans & pumpkins are easily covered..... my go to -
    chocolate protein
    beans
    dry instant coffee
    ice
    almond milk
    cocoa powder

YUM!!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My favs are Yogurt, Baby Carrots & PB, Popcorn with no butter or oil popped in the microwave in a brown paper bag, nuts, granola, homemade Beet Leaf Chips:)
  • trinamarie73
    Options
    Nature Valley Protein bars - only 6 grams of sugar & packed with great protein! Also, look for some good recipes with oatmeal & flaxseed, honey & peanut butter...scrumptious and healthy for you.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Add..

Pb/yogurt/hummus/low fat dip
    Nuts
    Cheese
    Seeds
    Dry whole grain cereal
    Oatmeal
    Protein shake blended with fruit
    Rice cake with pb and chopped banana
    Popcorn
    While grain crackers with An ounce of cheese
    Tuna salad with cancers and carrots
  • katjo10
    katjo10 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snack is Skinny Popcorn - 3.5 cups = 136 calories. I also love Mt. Olive Large Pickels = 0 calories & very filling.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Salmon, tuna, nuts, carrots dipped in cottage cheese with onion soup mix stirred through it, cottage cheese and pineapple with cinnamon and brown sugar on toast put under the grill.
  • Irnwkr392
    Irnwkr392 Posts: 9
    Options
    lol that hasn't happen to me yet...I just put 30 grams on my scale :-)
  • Irnwkr392
    Options
    I love the Special K cracker chips-110 calories for 27 chips 30 grams

I love those things. The best part is if you lose track and end up putting away the whole box (Yes, I've done it!) It's STILL under 400 calories.
  • Irnwkr392
    Options
    lol that hasn't happen to me yet...I just put 30 grams on my scale :-)
  • Irnwkr392
    Options
    If I'm craving something like chips.. I like flavored rice cakes. The BBQ is my favorite!

My 2 year old likes them too! He likes the cheddar.
    fat free sour cream and onion chips are good 1 oz 70 calories