Extreme sleepiness?

Options
2»

Replies

• psychofantasy
    Options
    After viewing your diary, I have a couple suggestions which echo previous posts:

A) Try to consistently keep your sodium intake down. When I go overboard on the sodium, I tend to feel tired and sluggish.
    B) Add a multi-vitamin. After a few days you really will feel a difference - at least, I did. Just be sure to research which one would be best for you (I recommend 1 A Day brand)
    C) Try eating 5-6 smaller meals during the day if its feasible. I noticed a bit of an energy boost when I switched to this.
    D) Try switcfhing to maintainence calories for a few days. If you see a difference, then you should re-evaluate your intake. If not, its something else.
    E) If all else fails, see a doctor.

I do want to point out that your diary has several blank entries for the past month. I'm not wagging my finger at you, but I would point out that with a more complete picture, you can use the 'Reports' function to see trends in several nutrients over time. You probably still can, but the more data the better. I bring this up because while you might not think you've changed anything calorie wise, you may be increasing sodium/cholesterol/saturated fats/etc without knowing it and it could be that something like that is the culprit. For now, I would suggest you go ahead and use the reports function fo the past 30 days to see if you see an incline in anything that may be the cause.

Best of luck! I wish you the best, and hope you get this figured out soon!

P.S. Just wanted to add that it also may be a good idea to scale back your carbs a bit and increase protein as well.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Did you recently give up caffeine?

You know, I'll often times grab a 44 oz from the gas station and I haven't for a while, that could possibly be it!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I read everyone's post, I'll be trying some suggestion and if all else fails I'll go to the doctor, thanks everyone!
  • smartin9912
    smartin9912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Go and see your doctor.....have some blood work done :smile:
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's what happens to me just before TOTM kicks in...I can't stay awake to save my life and my head is usually splitting. I found that upping the protein helped a bit, and adding a little extra salt did too. I usually stay low sodium in general, but at my TOTM I will eat the normal sodium stuff.

I get the same, but I have noticed that since I've added more protien these past couple of months, it hasn't been so bad. I'm still crabby, though. :happy: :happy: