Treatment for Compulsive Eating

Options
Does anyone know of a good place for help with compulsive eating in the Northeast?

Replies

• pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sorry no I dont - Im living in the Uk and sought help from an NLP provider who I undertook talking therapy and hypnotherapy with, its always going to be a long road, but the therapy has really helped me. I now listen to self hypnosis tracks before bed and have developed new coping strategies - dont give up! - there is great help out there. I hope you can find someone great!

xxPINK
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'd like to recommend a book that has helped me.

The Taming of the Chew, by Denise Lamothe

Sorry I don't know of any "places'since I'm not in that area. I have a friend who has been to some centers and I will ask her for some references. Also google Overeaters Annon. and check out some meetings in your area. You may need to try more than one till you find a group that resonates with you.

But read that book!!!!!!! She offers very realistic advice and resources. She has personal experience...."...after having waged my own private war with compulsive eating and dieting - enduring phases of obesity, bulimia, and anorexia - having finnally found a path to a healthier life with a more positive, balanced and appreciative attitude towards myself, my own body and food."

Take charge and be persistant. I have found my way into recovery from eating disorders, so I understand the the need/lack of control. You have to start by changing your mind, the rest will follow.

Good luck to you and God bless! I will message you with those centers as soon as I am able to get in touch with my friend.

:heart: Holly:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    what about overeaters anonymous? or they might have referrals.

or nami--natl assn mental illness--might have links for eating disorders

hth
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    what about overeaters anonymous? or they might have referrals.

or nami--natl assn mental illness--might have links for eating disorders

hth

www.oa.org You can find a meeting near you and tons of other info too!
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Sorry I don't. But I know what beeing addicted to sugar is. I gave it up Jan29th when I shot may fasting blood sugar to167. Above 125 is diabetic range. Wakeup! My older brother died 4 years ago at 54 yrs. He had both legs amputated above the knee and was on home daily kidney dialysis for 2 years. I want to be here for my grandkids. I want to be healthy again. I don't want food to control my life anymore. I am Woman see me roar! sorry - got carried away! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Just cut out all the sugars and bad carbs and read ingredients on food containers to lower the sugars. I know it is not easy because our foods are infiltrated with sugar so we will love the taste and buy. I actually eat a whole cuccumber for a snack if I get really hungry.
    I figured it's me that has to make the change to know how to change for me. Nobody else can make you do anything. LOL:smooched: :bigsmile:
  • sugaraddict
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. smile: