Tall Women!!!

Options
So, for tall women out there..we'll say 5'10" and above, do you wear heels or not? It seems that tall women are either comfortable with their height, or not. For guys, its easy to tell if a tall woman is confident with her self image....if you're out on the town at an event, she'l wear heels...if she's not, she'll wear flats, trying to physically shrink herself down.

For guys reading this topic, chime in here for me.....most guys will tell you that they prefer women who are confident with themselves and what they see in the mirror, tall....or short. And tall women in heels are just hot.

Replies

• paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm only a medium sized 5'8 but i say a big hell yes to tall girls in heels. The only time i wear lower than a 5 inch heel is when i'm working out. I <3 heels
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm not 5'10" but I am 5'8.5" and taller than my husband.
    When I was larger I did not wear heels at all. Once I lost the weight, I started to wear heels. Nothing more than 2 inches but I rock that *kitten*. I earned my body, I am going to look awesome in my shoes too :drinker:
  • rrbd
    rrbd Posts: 7
    Options
    I love being my height (5 10) but I never wear heels because they are so difficult to walk in, uncomfortable and shrink your calf muscle fibers...nothing to do with being self-confident with ones self-image. Where did you hear that?

I'll stick with my flats.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    5'9 and wear heels :love:
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ROLF! Nice 'theory'! I'm 5'10", I love being tall and I don't wear heels. Just because I don't wear heels doesn't mean I don't feel confident... geeez... I think high heels are lame.
  • rrbd
    rrbd Posts: 7
    Options
    ROLF! Nice 'theory'! I'm 5'10", I love being tall and I don't wear heels. Just because I don't wear heels doesn't mean I don't feel confident... geeez... I think high heels are lame.

Truthhhhhhh.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I hate when I see this! I am 5'9 and I rock my heels when appropriate, you won't catch me dead wearing flats to a function! Hell I just bought these last week.

Edit: and these bad boys put me at 6'3!

092451_4_490x490.jpg
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    That's kind of silly. So if short women wear heels, does that mean they are uncomfortable being short? I'm only 5'6", which makes me slightly taller than most women that I know, but not tall enough for anyone to think anything of it. I still sometimes wear flats when I go out on the town, because they are comfortable, and I don't always feel like putting forth all the effort involved in heels.
  • teganpreston
    teganpreston Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot tall and love to wear heels for a night out. I used to hate being tall, especially as a teenager because I was so much taller than everyone, guys included, but now I love it. I'm a good 3 inches taller than my fiancé and anywhere between 6 - 9 inches taller in heels but it never bothers me. One of the first things he said when he met me was "I like to climb my women!" that always makes me laugh.

I don't think tall women that don't wear heels necessarily have confidence issues. Plenty of women regardless of height don't wear heels for comfort or other personal reasons. All I know is I feel like a million pounds when I'm towering over everyone!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0" and I will wear heels. It depends on my outfit and what I am going to be doing though. If I am going to be doing a ton of walking or dancing I will go with flats or a lower heel though because they are more comfortable.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love being my height (5 10) but I never wear heels because they are so difficult to walk in, uncomfortable and shrink your calf muscle fibers...nothing to do with being self-confident with ones self-image. Where did you hear that?

I'll stick with my flats.

I have a couple of tall friends...one is 5'10", the other is 6'1". Ms 5'10" is married to a guy 5'8" and over the past 15yrs, has only just recently started wearing heels. She always liked heels, just didn't want to make her husband feel uncomfortable by towering over him. Ms 6'1" is just not comfortable being tall (even though she'll kick my butt on a bike), and would never be caught dead in heels.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11" and sometimes I wear heels, but generally nothing over 3 inches. I'm completely comfortable with my height and love being tall, but when you have super long legs and a high center of gravity its a bit hard to navigate in really high heels.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0", and absolutely LOVE my height and heels. I'll rawk a pair of heels in a heartbeat. My default pic is a pair of heels I bought just here recently. :-)
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd say that there is no correlation between high heels and confidence. Oh, and if a short man wore high heels ("lifts"), would that mean that he was confident?
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Maybe your friend doesn't like big heels. Who would know why some women do and others don't. I am not sure why anyone would look at a stranger and judge if they are confident or not based on how big their shoes are/ :ohwell:
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I've never worn high heels. The whole point of them is to make you appear tall and for legs to look longer. I'm already tall with long legs so I feel no need for them.
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and love both stilletos and flats. No confidence issues here...my hubby would confirm that! ;)
  • SilkyHotspur
    Options
    I'd say that there is no correlation between high heels and confidence. Oh, and if a short man wore high heels ("lifts"), would that mean that he was confident?

you could argue it would be the opposite, if a short guy wore lifts, he would lack confidence...
  • SilkyHotspur
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I've never worn high heels. The whole point of them is to make you appear tall and for legs to look longer. I'm already tall with long legs so I feel no need for them.

I don't believe this is a correct assumption....look at the info below, see if you agree:

adding more info to this topic....

Why do women endure the discomfort of high heels?
    High heels are uncomfortable and make walking more difficult. Prolonged use can injure the feet, knees and back. So why do women keep wearing them?
    The short answer seems to be that women in heels are more likely to attract favourable notice.
    In Sense And Sensibility, Jane Austen describes the character Elinor Dashwood as having a "delicate complexion, regular features, and... remarkably pretty figure".
    But Austen describes Elinor's sister, Marianne, as "still handsomer. Her form, though not so correct as her sister's, in having the advantage of height, was more striking".
    In addition to making women taller, high heels force the back to arch, pushing the bosom forward and the buttocks rearward, thus accentuating the female form.
    "Men like an exaggerated female figure," writes fashion historian Caroline Cox. The problem is that if all women wear high heels, such advantages tend to cancel out.
    Height, after all, is a relative phenomenon. It may be advantageous to be taller than others, or at least not to be several inches shorter. But when all wear shoes that make them several inches taller, the relative height distribution is unaffected, so no one appears taller than if all had worn flat heels.
    If women could decide collectively what shoes to wear, all might agree to forgo high heels. But because any individual can gain advantage by wearing them, such an agreement might be hard to maintain.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-548730/Lifes-little-mysteries-Why-women-wear-high-heels-did-kamikaze-pilots-wear-helmets.html#ixzz1xRUl7ZJv