About of Cal. a Day.

Options
Hey MFP Users... I am a young male and I currently weight 215... I have lost about 10 lbs on MFP so far.. It has gone great...

I have one questions...

How many calories should I be in taking... for example I have consumed 773. cal. today and I am gonna eat a lite dinner. It's prob gonna be one of those 1000 cal. days....

Is that healthy?

Replies

• sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You should consume whatever MFP recommends.
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I agree. MFP is great for helping you calculate the calorie amount needed to lose weight. Anything less than 1200 probably isn't good.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is that healthy?
    Depends what you ate. Adding 300 calories of sugar or olive oil to it wouldn't help so there's more to it than the calorie number.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you should eat at least 1200 cal a day plus at least some of your exercise cal if you did any today. If you eat to little your body won't be happy with you and you will stop lose weight (plateau) . The body needs fuel (good foods) to function.
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    If you speak with a doctor/nutritionist about it and they say it's okay, then go with it. Otherwise, it is probably best to go with MFP's recommendation for you. Another rule of thumb is: if you wouldn't feel comfortable and healthy with only 1000 net calories every day, then you should be eating more. Listen to your body and stay healthy! Good luck! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Depends a lot on your age. You look to be about 14. That would change my answer quite a bit.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you are a teenager, which you appear to be, you might want to check out Spark Teens. Also, your calorie intake depends on a lot of different factors...age, weight, activity level, gender, etc.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you are a teenager, which you appear to be, you might want to check out Spark Teens. Also, your calorie intake depends on a lot of different factors...age, weight, activity level, gender, etc.
    What a great website! I'm going to bookmark that to suggest to other teens and tweens on here.
  • Fizzurpp
    Fizzurpp Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone... checking out sparkteens now...