I love to watch TV...but

Options
Ok I'm just gonna throw this out there......just a thought

Does anyone else hate the food commercials on TV!?!?

In 5 minutes I saw one for oreas, quaker oatmeal cookies, tostitos and 2 restaurants lol

Can I get a little sensitivity guys lol :laugh:

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you sure can! I have a few ways I combat it-
    -I think of the ingredients in those foods, and how long it would take me to burn off
    - i keep the fridge stocked with healthy stuff so if i really want something i'll have something healthy or drink some water
    - i ask myself, am i really hungry, or am i just thinking about food because of this commercial
    - i do a few exercises during commercials, squats, crunches, etc, in fact I'm thinking of creating a workout plan based on this idea
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    Ugh, I can sympathize. The WORST is in the evenings, after work, when I'm hungry and cranky and tired and I've got all the ingredients in the house to make something healthy but I just don't want to and now here comes a commercial for Outback Steakhouse and now I'm trying to figure out how I can sabotage my zucchini pie so that my husband will take me out for steaks.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching TV (except for MLB) so it does not bother me. When the commercials come on during the game, I leave the room.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym right after work, and they have large TVs playing all the time.

You know what comes on at around 5.30 - 7? Commercials for Pizza Hut. Papa John's. Applebee's ribs. Golden Corral Buffet. Food Network. Dairy Queen.

But, I'm learning to get desensitized to the gooey cheese from pizza, the crispy looking fries, the juicy steaks, the golden fried chickens. I figure, I might as well get used to it now because real life has these in abundance. If i don't learn to control now, I'd be really screwed.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I stopped watching TV. I only do DVDs now. I think TV is mostly stupid anyway.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    sky + or download then I don't have to sit though those ads ....