High Protein foods

Options
203MrsB
203MrsB Posts: 18 Member
Besides the obvious of meat, what are your favorite ways to get in a good amount of protein, especially after a work out?

I am trying to get in more protein and less carbs, and processed foods.

Thanks!!

Replies

• taratasker
    Options
    besides water, i like to drink ch.milk after my work out
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    I drink the Boost "High Protein" strawberry shake everyday
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Chicken of course is a very good source of protein and so Is lean beef. There is also Tuna and other types of fish. Peanuts and almonds are good sources, but what I like is just a good old protein shake.
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    Cod fish, tuna, Chobani lowfat greek yogurt has 22 grams of protein in a 1 cup serving. I like to drizzle honey over it and it's sweet/sour tasting-delicious
  • freem467
    freem467 Posts: 8
    Options
    If you're looking for non-processed foods, I'd go with peanut butter, beans (soy, black, pinto) tuna, salmon, chicken or egg whites. Protein shakes have a lot of bad cholesterol, and egg whites are the best source of protein as far as how your body breaks it down. Also, consider that beans have a lot of fiber as well! :)
    Good luck!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like a glass of milk or a protein shake. Protein powders are not all created equal - you just have to research and read labels and find the best one for your needs.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think greek yogurt is a great source. I would just make sure you get one that doesn't have much sugar in it. 1 cup of the Kroger brand plain has 23 gms of protein and only 9 carbs.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    saving these ideas

Thanks, all. :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My go-to post workout snack lately is a fruit smoothie. I mix some Chobani yogurt with some frozen berries, half a banana, vanilla protein powder, and milk in a blender.
  • GeneSobchuk
    Options
    The morning meal is recognized as the most significant meal among all. If at all possible, it needs to include food items low in fat as well as full of necessary protein. Your protein consumption needs to go on the whole day. Our own digestive tract creates aminos by just breaking the proteins, and also your body makes use of them to revive the muscles as well as cells, and our own internal organs hydrated. Body builders are specially taking good care of the proteins and also the quantities these people consume. It's because proteins enable them grow good muscular areas. For bodybuilders, the high-protein breakfast is crucial.

Possibly the greatest protein source may be the eggs. Typically the proteins located in chicken eggs are certainly significant mainly because they are part of the group of complete proteins. These proteins within chicken eggs are afterward broken into aminos. That egg yolk is as well rather significant mainly because of the proteins, saturated fats and also HDL cholesterol it has. We think you actually don’t need to have any specific recipes on how to prepare eggs, due to the fact just about everyone can make some kind of omelet as well as to boil eggs.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Tempeh, quinoa, chickpeas, almonds/almond butter, seitan, tofu, lentils, hemp (seeds or protein powder), chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Cottage cheese is also very high in protein. I eat it as is and it you can blend it in a smoothie or protein shake for extra protein. It also makes the drink a little creamier.
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For my post-workout snack I go with either cottage cheese, greek yogurt, a Quest bar (20 grams of protein, 4 grams of non-fiber carbs), and/or whey protein in water/skim milk. I like the whey option as my ON whey has BCAA which stimulate protein synthesis, a good thing for those of us who are lifting weights
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    The morning meal is recognized as the most significant meal among all. If at all possible, it needs to include food items low in fat as well as full of necessary protein. Your protein consumption needs to go on the whole day. Our own digestive tract creates aminos by just breaking the proteins, and also your body makes use of them to revive the muscles as well as cells, and our own internal organs hydrated. Body builders are specially taking good care of the proteins and also the quantities these people consume. It's because proteins enable them grow good muscular areas. For bodybuilders, the high-protein breakfast is crucial.

Nope.... sorry, it does not have to be low in fat.
    I would like to see some credible links that trump the Colorectal Surgeons I work with for a living. ... they are four out of 300+ physicians, so.. yeah, your findings are inaccurate unless you have proof from the American Gastroenterological Association.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    High protein (low fat, low carb) foods I eat: white fish, pork tenderloin, beef liver, tuna steak, 96/4 ground beef, Greek yogurt with or without whey protein isolate, sigh chicken breast and canned tuna (I am so sick of this stuff)

High protein, moderate fat, low carbs (I will go half and half with a lean protein): salmon, eggs, full fat cottage cheese, chicken thighs