food plans....

sbartlett0421
sbartlett0421 Posts: 68
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
OK, I'm doing pretty well on my own and I LOVE all the support I'm getting here! But, I'm trying to help my mom. She's not one that is going to get on line and log her foods or count her calories. She is wanting a something that will tell her what to eat. I'm just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations.
She's not wanting anything that ships food, yuck, but something like Jillian Michaels or ediets, etc - somehting that will tell her what to eat - I hope this makes sense.
I know this isn't going to help her in the long run; she's not learing what is good for her. This is honestly, just because she is going on a cruise in November and is wanting to lose about 10 lbs. I promised her I'd help. I have enouraged her to exercise, so she bought the Walk Away the Pounds video and she is doing 3 times a week.
Whadya think....?

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I did a couple of sample days on MFP to see what would meet my calorie goals. Each with a different breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. Then I wrote that out on a spreadsheet and used it as my menu for a couple weeks, alternating daily menus to keep it interesting.

You could probably find some menu plans online but unless you spend the time to customize them (there are always things I can't stand on those menu's), they won't help a lot.

Good luck!
  • I feel the same way!
    My mom tried to do WW with me a few years ago and she wanted ME to make a weekly meal plan for her and count her points for! Needless to say, that didn't work either, lol.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    OK, I'm doing pretty well on my own and I LOVE all the support I'm getting here! But, I'm trying to help my mom. She's not one that is going to get on line and log her foods or count her calories. She is wanting a something that will tell her what to eat. I'm just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations.
    She's not wanting anything that ships food, yuck, but something like Jillian Michaels or ediets, etc - somehting that will tell her what to eat - I hope this makes sense.
    I know this isn't going to help her in the long run; she's not learing what is good for her. This is honestly, just because she is going on a cruise in November and is wanting to lose about 10 lbs. I promised her I'd help. I have enouraged her to exercise, so she bought the Walk Away the Pounds video and she is doing 3 times a week.
    Whadya think....?

Zone Diet is easy. It's more about eyeballing portions and based on the Glycemic Index. Check it out at http://www.zonediet.com

They have menus on the website, but I personally don't like menus, so I don't follow that. The thing I like about Zone is that it's moderate and healthy and not a "diet" per se; it's a lifestyle! There are lotsa other "plans" that follow the same principles, so if you don't like this one, then there's another that will click for you, I'm sure. Nutrisystem is based on GI, just as Food Lover's Diet, and many others. I just don't like pre-packaged meals; I prefer healthy, whole foods, so Food Lover's and Zone appeal to me.

All the best on the journey!!

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.