Goodbye first pile of too big clothes...FOR GOOD!!

Options
Sbehlmer
Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
<<<< (picture posted) I can happily say I hit a great milestone today...I went through a few of my clothes, tried them on, & even though I have a ways to go in my weight loss journey (I've lost 34 pounds in 52 days), this pile of clothes was too big for me, so instead of holding on to them, I'm donating them to a resale shop!! GOODBYE TOO BIG CLOTHES FOR GOOD!!

Have any of you done this (or are planning on doing this)??....It's a great feeling, isn't it?? :)

WE CAN DO THIS!!

P.s......Clothes pile #2 coming soon (lol) :)

Replies

• kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Crazy great feeling right!! I just went through my closet today tooo...
    I think we muct have started about the same time!

Congratulations to you!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Good job. You're never going back there, why let them take up room in your life?
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my closet yesterday...I was glad to see those sizes gone forever! Now I have all of these empty hangers to fill with smaller, cuter clothes! :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling. I'm so proud of you my friend :heart:
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That is awesome news! I spent the last six months not fitting into any of my size 12 pants and having to buy bigger sizes, so very, very soon those bigger sizes will disappear and I will have access to 80 percent of my closet again!!

Then, I am going to simultaneously save money and work more pounds off to start buying size 8 :)
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I did do this last weekend - and it was truly a great feeling. I've only lost 14 lbs but I'v'e dropped 21.5 inches over my body. That equates to 2 dress sizes. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I tried on size 18s and found that was my new size!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! (We're never going back to these bigger sizes, so why should they take up any more room in our closets!!!!!) :)

~Janet, you a wonderful friend...& someone who gives me strength & motivation (without even knowing it!!) :)

Wishing everyone all the best in your weight loss journey....WCDT (We Can Do This) :)
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I did it a couple of weeks ago and boy did it feel good! It was a big mental hurdle for me. And like you, pile number 2 is coming up soon!

Congrats to you!
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo-yo'er for years! When I loose it's anywhere from 30-80lbs and like wise with the gaining. So, this time I decided to keep my clothes. I usually do the donation thing. This time I want to get a box. Part of me would rather not hold on to them, as I hate to hold on to anything! But maybe I need that gentle reminder in the corner of my closet. Not to mention- I have perfectly good fat clothes and why celebrate weight gain with new clothes! Ugh...
    Congrats on your progress!! It's an awesome thing!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of doing that with all my summer clothes! I had to ditch all my jeans towards the end of winter because I shrank out of them, now I have no shorts that fit (and it's freaking hot here!).
  • rocsings
    rocsings Posts: 13
    Options
    Okay, so Friday night I stayed up all night long, got in the bed at 6:ish Saturday morning. Not only did I try on and clean out 2 of my 3 closets. I made three piles, one for the Boys & Girls of America, another for my church and finally my nicer stuff I put on eBay. So I stayed up inspecting and taking pictures. I've already sold three items and it feels so good!! Prior to joining MFP, I lost 10 lbs, my current loss is 35 lbs, with another 10 - 15 to go ...
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yup! Staring at the pile right now still have a dresser and basket of things to go through. I am so glad to see some of it go! I never want to wear it again!

A friend who did WLS reminded me to save a few things as a reminder though. ;)
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have always kept my old ones as a safety net and finally realized that was setting myself up for failure. I plan to go through my clothes about every ten pounds lost and get rid of ANYTHING too big. Can't gain weight if you don't have clothes to wear!
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did the same. Now it's time to get it all on ebay to get some money to buy some lovely new smaller clothes! Awesome feeling x :laugh:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    I think it is a great thing when you go through your clothes that no longer fit....not only are you helping others who need them, but your not allowing them to stay in your closest any longer taking up space (your never going to need them again anyways!!!!!)

Congrats to all who are accomplishing their daily goals, their short term & pushing themselves to reach their long term goals!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I've had to do that and I LOVE it.

Now..the only problem is that I don't have the cash to go out and buy new clothes just yet!! Haha.

Congrats! :) You are doing awesome.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    def awesome when u realize you can fit clothes u could barely get up your thighs before :laugh:

that much in 52 days??!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congrads to you! Oh well. Since you made room in your closet, it's time to go shopping! ;)
    I gave away my size 16 stuff this Feb/March and I'm giving away a lot of my 14's now. It's killing me because I had some Michael Kors (my FAV designer) stuff and pretty dresses in those piles! Luckily I have friends that are near my size so as I drop weight, I can give stuff to them.
    Since I'm still dropping I'm shopping at cheap places like Old Navy for new "transitional" pieces.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I recently did the same thing and took a load of too big clothes out of my house. I saw it as a sign of faith in myself that I'm not going back to that place again. I have also started a new wardrobe of clothes I can't yet get in to in my spare room as a sign of faith in my progress to come. It motivates me to keep going!!
    X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!