Yummy Breakfast Smoothie!

Options
Hey yall! Its hard to have a balanced breakfast especially if you work or take classes early in the morning. I found a very yummy smoothie online the other day and it is worth giving it a try. You will need:

1) Blender
2) Banana
3) Any type of berries (strawberry. blueberry, raspberry etc)
4) Spinach
5) Ice

Add a handful of spinach, one whole banana, and a handful of berries. Depending on what consistency you prefer, add as much ice as needed. Blend it all together and you have yourself a balanced breakfast. I will warn you though, the smoothie will be GREEN! It looks horrendous but tastes so amazing! You will not taste the spinach though, just the berries!

Put it in the freezer if you make it the night before and enjoy your ride to work with a big glass of yums!

Replies

• veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies!

If you substitute frozen mango or frozen pineapple (or both) instead of the berries, your smoothie will be a very pretty green color! Red or blue berries combined with green makes it look like swamp water, but delicious nonetheless!
  • kikiwags
    kikiwags Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I've been looking for a tasty spinach breakfast shake. Do I need a special (expensive) blender?
  • Klegl
    Klegl Posts: 48
    Options
    You can use just a regular blender or you can get a food processor. I only have access to a regular blender but a food processor would probably work better. Hope that helps!