I may be a failure.....but in that there is success

Options
2»

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    This is one of my most favorite quotes of all time, by Bill Nicholson, former Manager of Tottenham Hotspurs

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    love that... Going on the fridge.
  • Skinny_mommy77
    Options
    I needed to hear that today being that I fell off big time. But I know I have to succeed and beat fat and not give in to it. Your story has helped me. Sometimes words of encouragement is all it takes to make a person realize as long as they still have heart to fight and keep trying they are not a failure. Sometimes I tend to give words of encouragement instead of giving it to myself. I have to learn to encourage myself and be my own best teacher. I'm still learning and trying and with that I'm not a failure. Again, thanks for your story.
  • nrf12
    nrf12 Posts: 3
    Options
    this motivated me into not giving up and even if i fall i have other people that will get up with me and continue on reaching our goal. :)
  • Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you =), i really, really needed this.
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Excellent, excellent post! Thank you and good luck on your journey!
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    Well said
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Well said!!! I wish you continued success on your journey :-)
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed this morning! Thank you!!!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is one of my most favorite quotes of all time, by Bill Nicholson, former Manager of Tottenham Hotspurs

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

Love it!
  • shabold100
    Options
    I to have been on a journey since 9-2011. I had even decided to have lap band surgery. I met a fitness trainer in 1-2012 and she told me she knew I could do it without surgery. You are never a failure if you keep trying, no matter how long it takes. I would like to share the following because it has helped me. I hope it can help you too.

Understanding why and how the Happy Diet works.

A majority of diets today can be very stressful for anyone in their quest to lose weight. The pressure to follow a specific diet dictated by someone else, whether it be from a book, video, program, etc., does not give you control of your path . You are following instructions from “someone” who does not know you personally. Do they know what tickles your fancy? Do they know what will make wince to eat?

Is there really a diet that will make me happy? Yes, simply put, eat food you enjoy. The Happy Diet can work for you if you carefully plan your meals with all the things that you like to eat. You choose what you are going to dine on. When it comes to food, to start (excuse the pun) throw out the frying pan. Less grease on the plate is less weight to lose. Grilling, with out a doubt, is a far healthier and tastier option. Cut down...YES, cut out...NO, you can still nibble on those little goodies as long as you adjust the portion.

Time to get cracking on a diet that makes sense and is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Imagine your diet with all the juicy fruits, vegetables and succulent meats that suit your palette. With a little research on proper daily intake of carbohydrates, protein and fat you can begin devising your own diet. There are many places you can find information: browse magazines, the internet, licensed dietician or approach a diet and exercise program to help you find out what is best for you. In additions, before you begin any diet/exercise plan or program, always consult your doctor first. Everyone has different histories that should always be taken into consideration.

Begin by putting together a list of all the foods you enjoy. Start by listing what you like to eat, sort through recipes, food you enjoy at restaurants, or create recipes from food you like. Remember though, these items have to help you shed those excess pounds. Now, narrow it down to the ones that you want to have on your menu to choose from. Just imagine having your own menu at your house to always look at when it it time to eat. This part of the Happy Diet can prove to be very educational and fun to say the least. People will accept a diet if they enjoy all the ingredients. This will result in you examining yourself directly and making your own choices for your personal plan. Diets only work if you adhere to the rules, break them and your desired results will not come. Who wouldn’t want to tailor the game so it is easier to win.

After you have consulted your doctor and made your menu(make sure to factor in your daily intake of calories, carbs, proteins, fats, etc. and of course what you like to eat), now you are ready for the physical side of things.

Here are some ideas that may help speed up the process of getting you to going. Try putting on some music and dance around the kitchen table with the kids, your significant other or by yourself. They may think you are mad, but who cares you are on a mission to find the new you. If you do a full cleaning of the house in one day, try doing it to twice a week. This will help make each cleaning a little quicker and with a bonus of a cleaner house all week long. Walking is a great form of exercise and can be done anytime and anywhere. Have you ever wanted to learn how to salsa dance, cha-cha, waltz, etc.? Try a class, see what happens. Do not expect results over night or any promise of quick results.

Remember this is your plan, so do things when and how it suits you. The results will only come if you stick to the plan that you started. When the rules are broken no one wins. Why would you want to break the rules on the Happy Diet when the disappointment can only be felt by you.
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady... It is a lifestyle not a diet.. You are doing great.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel recently and there was a wonderful quote by the Indian character Sonny:

"Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, then it is not yet the end."

Your journey hasn't finished yet, and your body/lifestyle isn't like a machine. It has its ups and downs, and that's reflected in your weight loss journey.

Good post for those thinking about giving up.

I've seen the coming attraction for this movie and I totally love that quote. I even had asked my husband what it was so I could remember it. I completely agree and I'm so glad that my acknowledgement of my failures and what I guess is an NSV for not giving up is helping others. I will not be defeated because this is my life!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!