TOM - What is the most it's made you gain?

Options
Umeboshi
Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
I'm pretty sure all of us with periods notice weight fluctuations from water and whatnot. What is the very most you've seen your weight go up during your period? I'm curious, so chime in!

I think the most I've gained is about 5 pounds!

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Yeah about that... 1 -2 kgs
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Nothing, it doesn't make me gain. It's the rest of the month that's the problem.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    Nothing, it doesn't make me gain. It's the rest of the month that's the problem.

Really? You've never retained water on your period? You're super lucky.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    The most I've gained is 5-8lbs. :noway: :grumble:
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I'm so irregular, so I don't know what's going on with my periods have the time. For example, I haven't even had mine for like 4 months. But, I think the most it made me gain was 4 lbs maybe? But, it all goes away at the end of the week.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I generally seem to lose weight during TOM. I work out harder and try to take diuretics before I start because I know if I don't I'll gain 3 pounds in fluid and it's all in that area right below my belly button.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    4lbs....:explode:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i used to again 5-7 lbs now it seem to be 2-4...
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    Anywhere from 5-7lbs each month depending on my eating habits at the time. :grumble:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If I DO gain it is only about 1 pound. I never have really gained any before, during or right after but do feel bloated at times.
  • sueannerojas
    Options
    5-10 lbs i so hate it!Funny you posted this i thought about posting it also as im having that problem now
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    the most ive gained is 7 lbs but lately its only been a few lbs if that
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm so irregular, so I don't know what's going on with my periods have the time. For example, I haven't even had mine for like 4 months. But, I think the most it made me gain was 4 lbs maybe? But, it all goes away at the end of the week.

At 5 feet 8 and only 112 pounds, it is not surprising you have stopped your petiods. They do stop when you become too light for your body to function properly.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options

At 5 feet 8 and only 112 pounds, it is not surprising you have stopped your petiods. They do stop when you become too light for your body to function properly.

Yeah, I know. They were pretty irregular before that too. I'm trying to gain weight though so maybe they'll be a little more regulated in the future!
  • Aoi715
    Aoi715 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5-8 pounds and I literally walk around with those extra pounds days before, during, and a few days after my period. Totally sucks! :mad: :grumble: :frown:
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Yikes, yes. Also could be PCOS or something else. If you're going that long without a period it's best to see a doctor.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options

Yikes, yes. Also could be PCOS or something else. If you're going that long without a period it's best to see a doctor.

I've seen my doctor. She said it's probably because I'm underweight...
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't gain any if I keep my eating clean (ie: no processed foods, grains or sugars.)
  • Umeboshi
    Options

I've seen my doctor. She said it's probably because I'm underweight...

Aww, good luck with the gain then! :) I hope you get back your regular periods, even though periods do suck. :laugh:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    well this week it made me gain about 3lbs, but it dropped back down on the last day. its so weird. o.o