Low Calorie Wine?

Options
2»

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Holy Christ, this actually offends me. Just drink a glass of decent wine. Good lord, people, it's WINE. What is it, like 75 calories in a normal glass? Oh, the horror....THE HORROR.

I work out so I can drink fermented grape juice.
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    Ooh nice finds! I have just accepted that I'm drinking the calories, and it is worth it. Nothing better than guiltlessly enjoying my wine. Some people eat chocolate or ice cream for treats, I choose a nice White. :)
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried the Skinnygirl pre-mixed drinks?
    Skinny girl products are awesom!!!! & they have wine now too!:drinker:
  • jnewsome62
    jnewsome62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it myself- but have you tried skinny girl wine? They have lots of variety.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Love my wine!!! its about 130 calories a glass ( depending on the size) and its my own indulgence and I work out so I can enjoy it!!! But I probably will try the low calories ones, and every little bit helps hahahaha...but after one glass I don't care anymore :tongue:
  • jessimom
    jessimom Posts: 29
    Options
    Did do to above message ... Much rather enjoy a nice glass of wine while my husband chows down on ice cream or cookie dough ... He actually makes low cal cookie dough to just eat!
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There is a wine out of Indiana (yes, we grow grapes too!) that is called Slender Wine. I think there is around 130 calories to a glass, but no carbs. I believe it is the only carb-free wine on the market. Here is the link...
    http://www.chateauthomas.com/slender/
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    I do love a nice quality red wine, might have a couple of glasses during the week, around 300 calories and I work it in with the diary, works for me!

New Zealand Oyster Bay Merlot, Yum Yum!!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just googled this earlier today! Kim Crawford is a great Sav Blanc if you like white wines :)

http://www.mademan.com/mm/5-low-calorie-wines.html

Be careful about the info on this site. I got excited to see that in general White Zin has only 80 calories a glass (according to the link). I did some research and that is nowhere near true, unless your idea of a glass is 3 ounces. Yeah right!!

I will still enjoy but be careful as bottles don't have calorie counts so websites like this can be deceiving.
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    yeah its about 20 calories an ounce....so if you have 4 ounces, yeah it will be 80 calories,I onthe other hand like about 6 or 8 ounces!!!! hahahaha:laugh:
  • jennaworksout
    Options
    what is this low calorie edible cookie dough you speak of??? do you have th recipe?:happy:
  • Christinecc16
    Christinecc16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    White Zinfandel. People tend to have strong opinions about drinking white zinfandel. For some, it hardly qualifies as wine, while others prefer its fruity taste to other choices. Love it or hate it, white zinfandel tends to be one the lowest calorie wines available. One glass of white zinfandel has an average of 80 calories.
    Sauvignon Blanc. This dry white wine is a good choice for someone watching their calories. As a general rule, dry wines will always have fewer calories than sweeter wines. Sauvignon Blanc is generally described as crisp and refreshing. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc contains about 80 calories.

Chablis. Chablis is a French wine made from 100% Chardonnay grapes. A wine with a very pure taste, Chablis often has an acidity that some describe as a green-apple. One glass of Chablis has about 83 calories.
    Chardonnay. A white wine that is often both affordable and always easy to find in restaurants. Chardonnay is often a great low calorie choice. Chardonnays have a lot of flavor variation and are generally dry. A glass of Chardonnay has an average of 90 calories.
    Cabernet Sauvignon.The only red wine to make the list, Cabernet Sauvignon is a popular dry red wine. The fact that it is dry makes it more diet-friendly than sweeter reds. Red wines are generally higher in calories than white wines. A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon has an average of 95 calories.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Dry is better since all the sugar has fermented to alcohol. From there you can only choose a lower alcohol level, but, what's the point of that. Most wine is around 12% ABV so you might as well drink a decent one...IMO
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Here is my favorite lo-cal wine: "AWW, rice cakes again??!!?"

Exactly! Life is too short for bad wine.